15 and moving to Brisbane July 2011 - friends wanted!

elisee

Hello!

I'm 15 (since July) and moving to Brisbane with my family in July next year. We're looking to move to South Brisbane (Indooroopilly/Kenmore area...) so it would be good to make friends before I get out there who are either moving around the same time as me or who already lives in Brisbane :)

I think I will probably be going to Indooroopilly State High School so it would be really good if I knew someone who goes there too! :cute: I think I'll be joining half way through year 10 which I'm also worried about because I'll be older than most people :(

Please reply/ message me! :D

Elise :cute: x

So you guys are def coming here are you now? Cool :cool:

Kenmore/Indooroopilly etc is Western Suburbs (South Brisbane is pretty much around the South Bank area next to the city). It's nice here.

My brother goes to Indooroopilly State High School. Seems to like it. He's just finished year 11. I think it was better for him because they don't wear a uniform. That's pretty uncommon. Catchment areas are quite tight here so if you're going there pick your suburb carefully. :swoon:

I like living in Chapel Hill. lol I get a bus route from outside my house to the city which also goes via Indooroopilly shopping centre, and from there or from Brisbane you can pretty much get to anywhere you wanna go statewide so it's handy.

Anything else you wanna know...? lol

• 1 month later...
Guest katemax

Hi Elise :)

I Moved to the Sunshine Coast 6 months ago and I'm in Brisbane quite a lot at the moment, hoping to move there after I finish year 12.

Are you looking forward to moving out? I was 15 when I found out about us moving over here, and I'm 16 now.

PM me if you want to chat :)

Katie x

Guest dizzydancer

Heyy :)

I just moved over to Australia just over a week ago and are looking at the moment to find a house, most likely in Coomera. We go to Brisbane quite a lot (not at the moment because of the floods). I am 14 and would be happy to chat to you about anything. I am really enjoying it over here so far, are you looking forward to coming out? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mandi1971

Hi im Chloe and im 15, 16 this september. We are moving next year to Brisbane or Perth and i dont want to go.

We have already moved twice to Canada for my step dads work and i dont want to Move again. Plus i think Oz is just way too far!!

Ive got my friends here and i like my school, My mam is hoping i finish school here and take a year out over there to settle and see what i want to do ie College, Job etc. Ive said id give it a go and if i dont like it id come back and live with my dad but then id hardly ever see my mam except holidays etc.

Id love to hear about how other kids find it out there, what you do for fun and how easy it was to make friends etc

Archived