Passport Question

Stovies

We currently have Australian passports. As we are going back to live in the UK would we need to renew our UK passports here or while we are back in the UK?

Sorry if this question is a bit dumb but with 5,000 things going through my head at the moment....:spinny:

We currently have Australian passports. As we are going back to live in the UK would we need to renew our UK passports here or while we are back in the UK?

Sorry if this question is a bit dumb but with 5,000 things going through my head at the moment.... :Randy-git:

Hi,

Have you not kept your british passports? Or has it just experied?

I am really not sure, I might be wrong, but I think you should renew them here before going back, don't know how immigration views entering the UK with aussie passports even if you are citizens.

Hopefully someone will give you a better answer.

(Ha ha ha! Sorry, just noticed that I had clicked on the wrong emoticon!!!)

Hi, Yes, we still have our British Passports but they have expired. I think you might be right. It might be wiser to just renew them from here.

Anyone else know what's what?

Thanks!

Guest Guest31881

I seem to remember that the UK authorities will accept expired UK passports to enter the country for 18 months after they expire. It would probably be worth a email or phone call to the UK to find out exactly where you stand.

My UK Passport expired in 2002. I do have a current Australian passport so I would get into the country. My worry though is that as I would be entering as an Australian, there might be problems as I will be going there to live and there may be visa issues... oh I don't know! I will get in touch with the British High Commission and try to find out the best way to go about this.

Archived