Medicare evidence?

mr luvpants

Guest guest33730

Yeah - i didn't need anything else either

That'll teach you John for believing what you read on other forums LOL

Daniel

I took someone into Medicare recently who is here temporarily and was applying for a card under a reciprocal agreement. It was fairly straightforward but my visitor was required to supply ID including something that showed a UK address, the Medicare clerk was most insistent about this. Ine the end the clerk decided that a copy of a UK prescription with address would suffice... but she really wanted something like bank statement or government document (in addition to driving licence). This might be just because it was for a visitor (who will be returning to the UK) rather than a migrant. I would imagine being a migrant makes it irrelevant.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi John

It really does depend what mood the clerk is in on the day. PR you don't have to show anything, if you are going to be claiming on the reciprocal agreement then they MAY ask to see a NHS card etc.

For more info take a peak here: Visitors to Australia - United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Malta and Italy - Medicare Australia

Guest One Hour Photo

I remember speeding up getting my Medicare card by getting a local councilor to state she knew I lived there for a certain time etc .....

These 'two bit' local 'officials' (preachers, councilors, JP's etc) love the chance to feel important by signing an offcial form, using their 'official' capacity.

Glad you mentioned this, I went to our GP earlier and asked for the last 10 years of our medical history. We will be taking our medical cards as well just in case. If we don't need this info, it does not matter but I just thought I would do it in case. Leila x

Archived