Grant Letter?!?!

ilovemilkymoos

Hi Folks,

We were granted our long awaited 175 PR last on the 16th Nov. The only indication of the grant is on DIAC's online tracker, under Entitlement Details. The info includes grand date, visa class, entried allowed etc etc.

My agent has mentioned that we have not yet recieved a 'grant letter' from DIAC....!

I suppose my question is, should i have received a hard copy letter from DIAC or will a print out of the entitlement details be enough to bring to Oz house for the passport label?

Cheers

Johnny.

Sorry Johnny i don't have an answer but a question.

Am i right in thinking you are in Ireland if so do you need to travel to London for visa label in your passport ?

Or have i totally misunderstood.

Maria.

Maria.

Yep, sure am (from Kildare)

Booked flights to London for the 13th Dec, don't trust the post to get the passprts there and back before we're due to go (Murphys law and all that)

I have checked with the embassy in Dublin, and they cannot issue the Visa labels. Got cheap flights to Gatwick (cheers Mr O Leary) so gonna pop over!

Yep, sure am (from Kildare)

Booked flights to London for the 13th Dec, don't trust the post to get the passprts there and back before we're due to go (Murphys law and all that)

I have checked with the embassy in Dublin, and they cannot issue the Visa labels. Got cheap flights to Gatwick (cheers Mr O Leary) so gonna pop over!

OH you lucky thing wish i was going for Christmas, were you heading? I didn't realise you had to do that with your passport god another thing to worry about.

I wonder what will happen in our case we're going on a 457 and will probably have to leave OZ for our 176 grant...... now I'm really confused.

Best of luck,

Maria.

OH you lucky thing wish i was going for Christmas, were you heading? I didn't realise you had to do that with your passport god another thing to worry about.

I wonder what will happen in our case we're going on a 457 and will probably have to leave OZ for our 176 grant...... now I'm really confused.

Best of luck,

Maria.

Myself and OH heading to Sydney to spend Xmas with my brother and his wife, just a validation trip before we emmigrate next year (maybe early next year after the IMF bleed us all dry)!!!

From what i can make out, most offshore visa's are now electronic, so a trip to London is not necessary. The reason I want the visa label is purely peace of mind! After waiting for 28 months, a sticker in the passport is proof of the long hard wait. An email or letter doesn't really make it feel real!

Myself and OH heading to Sydney to spend Xmas with my brother and his wife, just a validation trip before we emmigrate next year (maybe early next year after the IMF bleed us all dry)!!!

From what i can make out, most offshore visa's are now electronic, so a trip to London is not necessary. The reason I want the visa label is purely piece of mind! After waiting for 28 months, a sticker in the passport is proof of the long hard wait. An email or letter doesn't really make it feel real!

AH no your right I'd rather see it in the passport I don't blame you.

Its a nightmare isn't it our house is up for sale and i think with all that's gone over the last few day's there's not a hope in hell of selling it.

We had an offer €60,000 under the asking price, that just says it all really.

We're heading to Sydney first to see my OH's family then off to Coffs Harbour for his new job I cant wait.

Have a wonderful time in Sydney enjoy the sun, talk soon.

Maria.

Hi Folks,

We were granted our long awaited 175 PR last on the 16th Nov. The only indication of the grant is on DIAC's online tracker, under Entitlement Details. The info includes grand date, visa class, entried allowed etc etc.

My agent has mentioned that we have not yet recieved a 'grant letter' from DIAC....!

I suppose my question is, should i have received a hard copy letter from DIAC or will a print out of the entitlement details be enough to bring to Oz house for the passport label?

Cheers

Johnny.

Hi

Not sure I got an e:mail from my case officer the same day it changed on my online tracker using my TRN number.

I'm a bit confused because my e:mail says that the visa is electronic, the letter says:-

Your visa and passport info is held electronically and can be accessed at any time using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. VEVO is free internet service available 24 hours. You can see all the details of your current visa inc subclass, description, grant date, etc To access VEVO you need a Transaction Ref No (TRN) etc....

So as far as I can tell I don't need to send anything off to Australia House? But my sister emigrated 15 months ago and hers was sent off for a stamp to be put in passport?

Letter from C/O also says if your passport country requires you to have a visa label you should approach a departmental office, but the uk doesnt.

Whats everyone else done who has recently been granted visa's? Sent off for a stamp in your passport or just left it because its all electronic?

Advise would be appreciated !!! :0)

I don't have a clue as I don't have a visa yet but surely your agent should know all of the info your after. After all you have paid for a service.

I don't have a clue as I don't have a visa yet but surely your agent should know all of the info your after. After all you have paid for a service.

Hi, I didnt use an agent I did everything myself!!!!

The letter does say its 'electronic' so I'm sure it will be fine, a bit like the tourist visa you get when visiting, I've never had a problem with that. Also I have the paperwork to show I've got a visa just in case!!!!

Was just wondering why some people still send off to Australian House for the stamp? x

Archived