medicals for 176 + 457

hellsbells712

Application in for 176 visa, now going for 457 just to get us out there. Just a quick question ! As we already have 176 visa in, could we use 176 medicals for my 457 or do I have to pay twice.

Only reason I ask, is we were thinking of front loading our meds. I know you can't use 457 meds for 176 because they are not as rigorous but does it work other way????

Come on QLD, get that SMP released!!!!!

hi there

we are going on a 457 visa and didnt need medicals so worth checking this out!! we were told cos we were temporary residence but we do need medical cover for the duration.

hope this helps

xx

I'm a nurse so gotta have meds for either 1. Rest of the family don't need meds for the 457 but if we could have just 1 set without having 2 lots of expense for me.

Thanks anyway.

Guest Global Girl
Application in for 176 visa, now going for 457 just to get us out there. Just a quick question ! As we already have 176 visa in, could we use 176 medicals for my 457 or do I have to pay twice.

Only reason I ask, is we were thinking of front loading our meds. I know you can't use 457 meds for 176 because they are not as rigorous but does it work other way????

Come on QLD, get that SMP released!!!!!

Hi please see tthe link below

Agents Gateway – Changes to Medical 'Re-Use' Policy to Prevent Processing Delays

Your medical for PR and 457 are the same,(nurses,paramedics and doctors are expected to have full medical for either).

It is my understanding that you can.

Quote from above link;

1. The rules surrounding re-use of health clearances also remain the same (for example, a 457 visa applicant who completed full permanent medicals 'upfront' and received a permanent health clearance can 're-use' this clearance for their permanent visa application if it is still valid).

GG

Archived