new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Buddy

I confirmed with Vic that they sent my 1100 form on the 15th Apr. How do you know when a CO is assigned? My agent may well have been notified but has not told me??

I'll leave it until after Easter and then chase it up. I'm just curious how you are notified.

07-April-2011: I received the SS

08-April-2011: I sent VIC my TRN

13-April-2011: VIC sent me an email confirming they have submitted form 1100 to DIAC

22-April-2011: I'm still waiting for a CO, there is no sign of it yet.

I'm my own agent (and I hope the saying about being yourself's lawyer does not hold true here) , so I am also curious how will I be notified for having a CO, I am assuming they will email me directly.

If I didn't get a CO by the end of April, I will chase them up.

today I will fill forms 80 and 1221 and attach them.

in the next few days I will arrange for the meds (I'm going eHealth) and police CC

yoyo can you please keep us posted once you get a CO?

thank you

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear

Yoyo asked via PM for details about the DIACs online tracking system but I think it could be interesting for everyone who has an online-application. All you need to know is your transaction reference number (TRN).

It seems a lot of agents do not inform their clients about this tracking systems. My agent didn't bother to tell me as well. Log on here: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

This will show you you're application status. Click on "document checklist" on the top of the page to see more details about your documents. If some have alredy changed to "met" then you have a CO.

On this page you can see which documents have been uploaded by your agent.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Time for some browsing buddy :wink:

Cheers

Uli

Yoyo asked via PM for details about the DIACs online tracking system but I think it could be interesting for everyone who has an online-application. All you need to know is your transaction reference number (TRN).

It seems a lot of agents do not inform their clients about this tracking systems. My agent didn't bother to tell me as well. Log on here: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

This will show you you're application status. Click on "document checklist" on the top of the page to see more details about your documents. If some have alredy changed to "met" then you have a CO.

On this page you can see which documents have been uploaded by your agent.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Time for some browsing buddy :wink:

Cheers

Uli

Hi, and thanks for this info. I will check when I get home. At the moment I am sat in a pub garden by a lovely river dipping my feet in and out. The sun is blazing down! Life is good.

Buddy, I will keep you informed about my progress, however I don't think that this thread is the place to do it whilst fellow VICkings are still waiting on their SS results. Good luck and all the best my friends xx

Guest harshal
07-April-2011: I received the SS

08-April-2011: I sent VIC my TRN

13-April-2011: VIC sent me an email confirming they have submitted form 1100 to DIAC

22-April-2011: I'm still waiting for a CO, there is no sign of it yet.

I'm my own agent (and I hope the saying about being yourself's lawyer does not hold true here) , so I am also curious how will I be notified for having a CO, I am assuming they will email me directly.

If I didn't get a CO by the end of April, I will chase them up.

today I will fill forms 80 and 1221 and attach them.

in the next few days I will arrange for the meds (I'm going eHealth) and police CC

yoyo can you please keep us posted once you get a CO?

thank you

Buddy,

You, me and yoyo every one is in same boat.

I lodged online app on 16th April. And still waiting for CO.

I have a question here.

People say that unless you are asked by CO for PCC,Med and Forms like 80,1221, you should avoid it.

Ain't you gonna wait for CO to request on that?

Regards,

Harshal.

Guest Buddy
Buddy,

I have a question here.

People say that unless you are asked by CO for PCC,Med and Forms like 80,1221, you should avoid it.

Ain't you gonna wait for CO to request on that?

Regards,

Harshal.

generally it is true, one should not submit PCC, Meds, froms 80 and 1221 until requested to do so by a Case Officer.

the logic is: DIAC considers PCCs and Meds valid for only 1 year from the issuance date

let us take this scenario: you fill a 175/176, and you upload your PCCs, Meds, forms 80 and 1221 upfront the same day you lodged your application.

13 months later, you get a CO.

the CO will ask you to make new PCCs and Meds, because yours are more than 1 year old (this will cost you money)

also the CO will ask you to fill new forms 80 and 1221, again because the ones you filled earlier became old (this will cost you time)

so, why I am preparing my forms now?

because DIAC "indicated" so: if you send an empty email to gsm.processing@immi.gov.au

the system will reply you with a long message, this is an extract from it:

(for full details, see my post: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/111865-auto-response-email-updates-gsm-processing-times.html )

Priority 2 applications are currently being allocated within a week of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government. As a result applicants are encouraged, where possible, to provide decision ready Priority 2 applications to facilitate more efficient processing and finalisation of these applications.

Guest harshal
generally it is true, one should not submit PCC, Meds, froms 80 and 1221 until requested to do so by a Case Officer.

the logic is: DIAC considers PCCs and Meds valid for only 1 year from the issuance date

let us take this scenario: you fill a 175/176, and you upload your PCCs, Meds, forms 80 and 1221 upfront the same day you lodged your application.

the CO will ask you to make new PCCs and Meds, because yours are more than 1 year old (this will cost you money)

also the CO will ask you to fill new forms 80 and 1221, again because the ones you filled earlier became old (this will cost you time)

because DIAC "indicated" so: if you send an empty email to gsm.processing@immi.gov.au

(for full details, see my post: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/111865-auto-response-email-updates-gsm-processing-times.html )

Thanks Buddy,

For your reply.

Hi all

has any one applied to more than one state at the same time???

my agent suggested this if we are worried about victoria.

but as we were asked to provide a commitment statement to victoria i'm not sure we should. our agent thinks its ok to apply to another now.

any help please!!

julie:biggrin:

Hi all

but as we were asked to provide a commitment statement to victoria i'm not sure we should. our agent thinks its ok to apply to another now.

any help please!!

Hi,

Yes you can... Go for it, you have absolutely nothing to worry about (it's called Plan B)

All the best

Hi,

I have no idea why you have mentioned form 1221. I never filled one out and all my documentation was checked by my agent and submitted. Also my visa application check list does not mention this form.

On well let's wait and see

Cheers

Guest SusieOR
Hi all

any help please!!

We have... We applied to Vic & then SA...

Good Luck

Guest Buddy
Hi,

I have no idea why you have mentioned form 1221. I never filled one out and all my documentation was checked by my agent and submitted. Also my visa application check list does not mention this form.

On well let's wait and see

Cheers

thank you yoyo.

I came to post an update that I am NOT going to fill form 1221, and I found your post, you are right, after I checked it out, this form is completely irrelevant to a 176 visa application, it is looks aimed at temporary visitors, and "Work Holiday" visa applicants..

now why I mentioned I would fill it? Because of a misleading email from DIAC, the Automated Notification email I received 1 day after lodging my 176, it says:

DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS

If you have not already done so, you will need to provide the department with the documents listed below by attaching these documents to the eVisa browser:

- birth certificate or other evidence of age;

- bla bla

- bla bla

- form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment;

- form 1221 - Additional Personal Particulars Information;

- bla bla

so, again, I am NOT filling form 1221 (unless requested by the CO)

however I have already filled form 80, and I'll print it into a PDF and attach it in a day or two.

thank you yoyo.

I came to post an update that I am NOT going to fill form 1221, and I found your post, you are right, after I checked it out, this form is completely irrelevant to a 176 visa application, it is looks aimed at temporary visitors, and "Work Holiday" visa applicants..

now why I mentioned I would fill it? Because of a misleading email from DIAC, the Automated Notification email I received 1 day after lodging my 176, it says:

so, again, I am NOT filling form 1221 (unless requested by the CO)

however I have already filled form 80, and I'll print it into a PDF and attach it in a day or two.

Hi,

Thanks for clearing this up. I filled out and lodged form 80 last week. I am now only outstanding medicals and PCC which CO will request.

Let's us take these types of discussions to the relevant thread.

Cheers and happy Easter

Guest Strider

Hi all!

Is anybody from November still waiting for decision?

As I can see from the list, 14 of 68 November applicants are unprocessed, including 9 before me.

Some of them may have forgotten to update their status.

tycsee have just let us know that he is still waiting. What about others?

ready2go received approval on 20 Apr. Except this happy occasion, there was no movement during the last 2 weeks.

Hi all!

As I can see from the list, 14 of 68 November applicants are unprocessed, including 9 before me.

ready2go received approval on 20 Apr. Except this happy occasion, there was no movement during the last 2 weeks.

Hi, yep my OH and I are still awaiting an outcome! Applied on 4 nov!! It's getting a bit silly 6 mths it's been!! OH is a chef!

Guest Strider
Hi, yep my OH and I are still awaiting an outcome! Applied on 4 nov!! It's getting a bit silly 6 mths it's been!! OH is a chef!

Hi, Wellers and Whitehead!

Let's have a patience! Together waiting is easier.

P. S.

Couldn't find you on the first page (though I saw your previous post).

Guest Lily83
Hi all!

I applied the end of November and am still waiting :arghh:

Hopefully we shall all hear soon!

Victoria state public holidays

Easter Monday - 25 th April

ANZAC day - 26 th April

(substitute for 25 th April)

This means no news until wednesday.....The Long wait continues....

It's better to burn than fade away

Guest Mongobear
Hi all!

Heyho VICings,

I've written a PM to the 15 still open November applicants just last week but only 6 of them responded (DKD, strider, la la, leonivdp, lily83, lisaford). For the rest of them I don't know the current status and I hope they will respond soon.

Thanks

Uli

Guest Strider

Thank you, Uli!

That is, I guess, about (15 + 6) / 2 = 10.5 November applicants are unprocessed.

Oh, two holidays, again, painful waiting!

Guest jimmyay

Name: jimmyay

Date of SMP application: 19th Apr 2011

Trade/profession: Accountant

Nationality: Malaysian

IELTS (if applicable): OA 8

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Archived