primary,secondary schools in carrum and patterson lakes????

wishfulthinking

Hi,

I work at a primary in Seaford.

We are going through transition to secondary and although Carrum Downs would be closest for our families none of ours have chosen to go there this year. We have 4 children going to Patterson River. The rest are going to Monterey, Mc Clelland and the fee paying John Paul Colleges.

I don't know anything about primaries in those areas though.

x

Perhaps be a bit careful of some areas in Monterey/Carrum Downs, I don't mean to be unfair, but these areas have not had the best reputation in the past due to their proximity to North Frankston which has generally had lots of social housing there and some problems. A relative of mum's who came over bought what is now the caravan park on the Frankston-Dandenong Road and their kids went to some of those schools there, and they had all kinds of problems, but it could be better now? Seaford is much better, as is Karingal in Frankston (the High school is pretty good, have a friend's daughter just finished there). Don't mean to put you off, but ask around maybe is the best thing.

Thanks for that, it isn't set in concrete about us moving to that area as i thought i'd get some info on the schools there. We know we want to be quite near to the beach(as once living in Perth near the beach) we decided somewhere around the coastal areas would be lovely, so have been reading on here what people say about the areas for a few months now.I'm narrowing it down a little now but had never heard anything about frankston north and carrum(now i know why). I will have a daughter going into year 9, one into year 6, one into year 1 and then one into kindi. So i'm looking for both primary and sec school which are really good and in the right area.

Thanks again for your replies

natalie

Archived