Problems recieving email fron Oz

samozsoon

Hi All

Does anybody know why I seem to be having probs recieving emails from Oz?

Karen (koala12) has been trying to send me some info and it wont go. I have also emailed 2 schools and havent heard anything back, I just thought they hadnt replied but now I'm wandering if they cant get through either.

It was ok upto a few weeks ago because hubby was emailing 2 prospective employers but thinking about it his email has gone really quiet too even though he has emailed one of them last week and was expecting a reply.

We are both on Yahoo by the way.

Not sure if the kids have done something to the settings or something as they both had new laptops at xmas and both are no longer working (full of viruses I suspect) so they have now started using mine!

I did a virus/spam/adware etc scan this morning, dont think thats the problem though.

Any help from any technical folks will be most welcome.

Thanks Sam xx

I would say it is highly unlikely that you are having problems getting email from oz specifically. Unless you specifically block email from a certain person it is unlikely that a person or group of people are not going to be able to send you email.

If you have access to another email account, send yourself an email and see if that works (or pm me your email address and I will send you one). If not I would be checking if your inbox is full (if you have other folders check them as well, especially "sent items" and "deleted items") - if they look full delete some email to make some more space. Another possibility is that you have a spam filter which is rejecting email (a great thing for the kids to play with!). If you see something that looks like this take a look and see if it is set to reject mail for any reason.

If it is any consolation I have had times when my email suddenly seems to stop working for no reason (always when I am expecting something important) - this is normally due to problems on the email server which you can't do anything about.

Hope this helps.

buckbuchanan, I'm having the same problems sending emails to the UK, they keep coming back for some reason although some seem to be getting through, it's only been like this since yesterday, you're not going silly.

Guest wardy

We are having no problems have been receiving documents and emails from Gold coast and cairns without difficulty over the past few days, and we have been sending also.

We are on hotmail as is one of the contacts and the other is bigpond.

Kaye x :)

Hi ya Sam

We have a bt email account as well as a hotmail one. No probs with the hotmail sending or receiving but often have them with the BT one which I believe is teemed with yahoo also. Karen sent me one some time back and it never arrived also and I emptied the 'spam' folder before checking as it gets full of the most ridiculous junk! so it may have got swallowed into that despite her email address being in my address book! This does seem to be a regular occurence with BT/Yahoo I have now discovered so like Buck says, have a look in there. There spam filter thingy would appear to be a bit tempermental!

Lyn xx

Hi All

Thanks for your replies. I've emptied most of my inbox, sent items & all my folders, everything else is empty.

I do have spam guard but it is set to direct it straight to the bulk folder (I have checked) which I empty every day.

Buck I will send you my email later, thanks for the info.

Skippy, can I send it to you too? Then maybe you can try from Oz for me.

Lyn, I think maybe its just yahoo then, may have to get a hotmail account.

Thanks again, Sam xx:v_SPIN:

Guest koala12

Hi

Now I know what the problem is....Lyn and Sam have blocked me...boo hoo! Joking apart, I think it might be a problem with yahoo as my daughter has yahoo account and is in Oz and hers keep getting returned at the moment too!

Karen

Hiya i cant email Yahoo from Oz it just ,mail deamon returns !!! only know 2 people who are on Yahoo but if others are having problems too it could be that.My hotmail account that i use here seems ok and dosnt really block any mail ,you could maybe try setting one of them up ,,

Cal x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Al

I use Tiscali for my main e-mail address. I'm in touch with Karen (Koala 12) as well. However, she and I have just had an exchange of e-mails in the last 3 or 4 hours and there appear to be no problems between her servers and mine.

I suspect that Buck is right. I don't think this is viruses or settings. I think this is a server-problem, probably.

Cheers

Gill

Skippy, can I send it to you too? Then maybe you can try from Oz for me.

Yes, No problem Sam, we have Outlook Express, it seems to be an intermittent problem as some get through, the postmaster sent one back the other day, then the people said thanks for the email I had sent, so I'm confused, maybe it's all the water thats around in the UK ?

Thanks everyone for all your replies and help, especially Buck,

This morning I have managed to recieve an email from Skippy in Oz, thanks for that Skippy, and Karens has finally arrived :notworthy: dated Monday!

Will definately get a hotmail account though.

Thanks again folks, I knew you'd all help.

Sam xx:wubclub:

Archived