ACT November Updates

matjones

Thanks for letting us know. At least we know that we can expect some news today.

There's not much left of the day, so not sure if there will be much more information. Might still have to wait until next week for info for existing applicants.

Guest jumbojet

Emailed ACT this morning....See reply:

Do you have any idea as to when the ACT SMP will be published? I know you are at the mercy of the Minister signing it off but perhaps have an indication if it is imminent.

Reply:

Early next week is looking good

Guest archisami
Emailed ACT this morning....See reply:

Early next week is looking good

By the end of the months . . .,1st of the month . . .,3rd of the month . . .,by the end of the week . . .,early next week. . .,WOULD IT BE FINISHED ON NOVEMBER 8TH?

I remember all the things began on February 8TH?But maybe I would forget how much I hate the 8th on Monday.

By the end of the months . . .,1st of the month . . .,3rd of the month . . .,by the end of the week . . .,early next week. . .,WOULD IT BE FINISHED ON NOVEMBER 8TH?

I remember all the things began on February 8TH?But maybe I would forget how much I hate the 8th on Monday.

I would think that the fact they have just updated their website today means the SMP list is imminent.

Thanks for posting Mat.

I would think that the fact they have just updated their website today means the SMP list is imminent.

Thanks for posting Mat.

Another small website update today, linking to new 'Nomination Guidelines'.

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/208280/176_Visa_Nomination_Guidelines_Nov_10.pdf

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/208281/886_Visa_Nomination_Guidelines_Nov_2010.pdf

Any idea why they'd password protect the files? Maybe the page is still being updated, or maybe we'll all get an email with a username and password - I hope we can see it today.

I think its just a mistake.. they havent given correct permissions to the file yet... The use /password seems to be the log in for their website administration tools, and not for the PDF.

I think its just a mistake.. they havent given correct permissions to the file yet... The use /password seems to be the log in for their website administration tools, and not for the PDF.

Julianne just told me they are aware it's broken, and are working on it :biggrin:

Guest archisami
Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

SMP list of occupations available here.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I think many people have the sme question.I have sponsorship from ACT and my nomination occupation is on the list but it requires a higher level of english ability than what I had when applied for sponsorship.

Should I meet the new criteria again or am I on the 2nd priority right now?

thank you.

Hi Alan,

I think many people have the sme question.I have sponsorship from ACT and my nomination occupation is on the list but it requires a higher level of english ability than what I had when applied for sponsorship.

Should I meet the new criteria again or am I on the 2nd priority right now?

thank you.

Received an email from Julianne a few minutes ago. It stated:

I am pleased to announce that the ACT State Migration Plan was announced today. Please see attached the SMP Occupation List

and the media release.

All Canberra clients who were recently reconfirmed will now receive priority 2 processing from DIAC. Our new clients will also receive priority 2 when they lodge with DIAC

Guest archisami
Received an email from Julianne a few minutes ago. It stated:

Thank u mat,

I am on the clouds and I hope to see you there.

You're in the home stretch Mat ... hang on in there ... your best option now is for the other States to hold back on the issuing of their SMPs ... :-))

Best regards.

Yes.. I actually started clearing out thing in the garage and preparing for a yard sale the other day :D I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I will be kind though, and not wish a delayed SMP on the other states.

Yes.. I actually started clearing out thing in the garage and preparing for a yard sale the other day :D I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I will be kind though, and not wish a delayed SMP on the other states.

Can you please make a wish for WA to release their SMP asap! :)

Quote from the ACT SMP list:

'All Curriculum Vitaes will be assessed by an ICT industry advisor against ACT employability and experience relevant to the ACT.'

I have State Sponsorship, have reconfirmed and have received an email from ACT stating I'll be Cat 2, but does this quote say it's still not a given as the ICT industry advisor will be an added check - or is this only for new applicants?

Thanks,

Mike.

Quote from the ACT SMP list:

'All Curriculum Vitaes will be assessed by an ICT industry advisor against ACT employability and experience relevant to the ACT.'

I have State Sponsorship, have reconfirmed and have received an email from ACT stating I'll be Cat 2, but does this quote say it's still not a given as the ICT industry advisor will be an added check - or is this only for new applicants?

Thanks,

Mike.

For new applicants only. Since you have received the email from ACT confirming your status.... go on 'CELEBRATE' :biggrin:

Archived