Australia second for quality of life:

kernow43

Guest chris955

This is why I take these sorts of things with a huge pinch of salt. There is another quality of life survey where Australia didn't rank in the top 10 and was won by France.

This is why I take these sorts of things with a huge pinch of salt. There is another quality of life survey where Australia didn't rank in the top 10 and was won by France.

It was a proper study I believe conducted by UN. I would be interested to see a link where France was top.

Guest guest36187

The people that know what quality of life is like in Australia are the ones that live and work here. I can say hand on heart, that my quality of life is better than it was in England. By that is my opinion

Guest chris955

That's exactly right, if your quality of life is better here then really it doesn't matter what others think. That is why no one country is right for everyone.

Guest chris955

Here you go, here is one where France is No1 and Australia No2

2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live – International Living

I can't find the one I was just looking at, the trouble is they all come to a different conclusion. That's not to say they aren't right, Australia can offer a great quality of life for those who want what it offers.

It was a proper study I believe conducted by UN. I would be interested to see a link where France was top.

2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live – International Living

I can't find the one I was just looking at, the trouble is they all come to a different conclusion. That's not to say they aren't right, Australia can offer a great quality of life for those who want what it offers.

Now that you've pointed out two independent surveys where we have come second I beginning to think it must be true. Thank you :wubclub:

if you dig far back enough there will be one where Australia was last! about 1778:wink:

Guest chris955

That's OK, like I said it is an excellent result, not that it will make anyones life better or worse.

Now that you've pointed out two independent surveys where we have come second I beginning to think it must be true. Thank you :wubclub:

That's OK, like I said it is an excellent result, not that it will make anyones life better or worse.

Just stirring :wink: I think as long as your country is somewhere in the top section of the list and not the bottom section you are bloody lucky. Obviously everyones preferred life style depends on what you like....eg in Australia if you can't live without 800 year old cathedrals you're out of luck...if you like plenty of 800 year old natural formations you'd be happy.

Guest chris955

It's OK I knew you were stirring. :wink: if you look at these lists most of the top countries are within a handful of points, as you say as long as you aren't at the bottom who cares really ?

Archived