Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest rmansoor
Keep your fingers crossed..... I think documents set to met means your CO has checked your documents and verified and now updated the status as met. So, you definitely have something to cheer as you have a CO. How much time he/she will take to request for meds & PCC is a mystery to all. But once they ask for it, it means they are going to give you a visa.

But what is your time-line (when did you apply? and when did you noticed that your status has changed to met etc)

IELTS 7 O/A --- VIC SS submitted 6.11.10 - Granted 04.5.11 --- 176 Visa submitted 22.5.11 --- CO allocated: 06.06.11( Doc set to met but no email for any thing from CO yet)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IELTS 7 O/A --- VIC SS submitted 6.11.10 - Granted 04.5.11 --- 176 Visa submitted 22.5.11 --- CO allocated: 06.06.11( Doc set to met but no email for any thing from CO yet)

Hi Rehman, If you are from HR then you may update your status & time line here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmAymNWdxdRHdFlLaFZOUW00T3d0SWxCMVZIYVR3aXc&hl=en_US#gid=0

You can also follow the timelines of other HR candidates to compare against your's

Hi Ezy,

Thanks for your reply, no i havent did meds & police certificates yet.I am form HR country so that why waiting for CO to ask for it.

IELTS 7 O/A --- VIC SS submitted 6.11.10 - Granted 04.5.11 --- 176 Visa submitted 22.5.11 --- CO allocated: 06.06.11( Doc set to met but no email for any thing form CO yet)

You don't have to wait until CO asks for it. If you will need a letter for the PCC, go get it from the Australian embassy. They will help you.

I also waited until the CO asked for the PCC. But I discovered later that I could issue it in advance :err: the Australian embassy helped me with everything I asked for.

Unfortunately, I have to prepare 3 PCCs. I already applied for 2 of them, & I have to travel and issue the 3rd one.

Good luck mate

P.S. Congratulations for having a CO :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Name:Rehman (rmansoor)

Date of Visa application: 22 May 2011

Nationality:Pakistani

High/Low Risk:HR

Trade/profession:ICT-261313

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:VIC

Date of SMP Applications:4-Nov-2010

Date of SMP Granted:4-4-2011

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 6 June 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name:Littlestar

Date of Visa application: 22 Oct 10

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Registered Nurse

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored:Vic

Date of SMP Applications:04 Aug 10

Date of SMP Granted:20 Oct 10

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:?

Medicals submitted:Yes

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned: 5 May 2011

Date visa granted: 6 June 2011

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Well didnt I just know that the medicals wouldnt be straight forward process!!!!

We went to Birmingham for our medicals on 24th May & was told that it all went well & our results should be processed in 12 days so they will call us if theres a problem but email us within 14 days to tell us that they have sent the results to Oz. Well its 14 days tomorrow & typically we havent heard a single thing as that would be too easy wouldnt it!!! Anyway I phoned them this afternoon & asked what the status of our medical results were. I expected them to say they had sent them & that they had forgot to send us an email but she said she couldnt find us on the system!!! what!!! we paid £700 for them!!!

Anyway she said she would look & call me straight back. After 10 mins she called me back & to my relief said she had found them but the results wouldnt be back till wednesday!! I asked why & she reluctently said they wasnt even sent off till a week ago!! we went 2 weeks ago! She said she would send them to Oz next week. I then got very angry when she said this & told her this was not acceptable I demanded to speak to the manager & she told me that she would try her best to push it through & try & send them friday to Oz. She asked me to call her at 10am in the morning, I dont know what this is for as she told me originally that the results wouldnt be back till wednesday! They do not know what they are on about. I have her name & I am going to call at 10am in the morning, in fact I will call everyday if I have to!!!!!!!!!! Its pure incompetence but this isnt NHS its a paid for service!!

This is all we are waiting on & we want to go as soon as we get the visas if all is well. The flights go up in July for the 6 weeks hols too. Sorry for all the exclamation marks but I am fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest JSHAN

Folks,

After my 176 grant 2 weeks ago... I would like to let all my PIO friends regarding the 175 application. I have been granted..Looks like they are just rshing thru the 175 applications now and granting who all are decision ready....all the best guys..

I would now choose 175 over the 176 application....What a waste of 176 money ,but no hard feelings..any grants is a good grant...

Name:JSHAN

Date of Visa application:30/08/2010

Nationality:Indian

High/Low Risk:High

Trade/profession:Accountant(General) / Systms Analyst

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):NA

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned:16 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):TBD

Date visa granted: 6th June 2011

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest VickyMel
Folks,

After my 176 grant 2 weeks ago... I would like to let all my PIO friends regarding the 175 application. I have been granted..Looks like they are just rshing thru the 175 applications now and granting who all are decision ready....all the best guys..

I would now choose 175 over the 176 application....What a waste of 176 money ,but no hard feelings..any grants is a good grant...

Congratulations on the 175

I think you may find that you only actually have the 175 visa now - I remember a while back discussion regarding the fact that which ever visa is issued last over rides any current visa. So if the 176 was in your name and the 175 came afterwards in your name then the 175 is what you have. I don't think there is a choice.

The previous subject related to someone who wanted to get a holiday visa - but if they had got the tourist visa after a CO issued the 176 they would loose the 176!

Yep - a waste of money maybe - but you had options and the way things kept changing I think it would have helped you sleep better knowing there were 2 options.

All the best in Oz - Congratulations

Guest DGRoberts

Hi GGx0x0

Please can you update our status, we got our CO today. Looked only and everything met except Meds and PC's. Still waiting for PC;s were received by APCO on 23rd May and have Meds booked for this Friday 10th June - eeeekkkkk

Thanks again

Guest redprimrose

hi,

My MEDs were finalised on 2nd June. Documents required were emailed to CO last month.

Now how long will it take to get the grant letter? I sent an query email to CO last week, asking him whether documents had been received. But no reply till now...

Hi redprimrose,

since what date your medical status has been referred?

Nobody can predict when you will receive a grand letter.. every case is different.. it also depends if CO see proper to forward case to ASIO..

Name: Pete & Cat (Applicant)

Date of Visa application: May 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Business Professional (NEC)

Visa type: 176 Family Sponsored (switched to 176 SS 07/06/2011)

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of SMP Applications: 7th March 2011 (iirc will check)

Date of SMP Granted: 7th June 2011

Pre-November 2010 Category: Don't remember

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

Guest redprimrose
Hi redprimrose,

since what date your medical status has been referred?

Nobody can predict when you will receive a grand letter.. every case is different.. it also depends if CO see proper to forward case to ASIO..

hi, our medicals were not referred to MOC. It took HOC several days to assess and finalise the medicals.

Name: Si T

Date of Visa application: 07th June 2011

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: 24th March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 21st July 2010

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Please add me as I lodged this evening

Si

Guest lexylou

Name: Richard Brodie

Date of Visa application: 18th May 2011

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession: Floor Finisher

Visa type: 176 Visa

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: 9th May 2011

Date of SMP Granted: 12th May 2011

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 7th June 2011

Date visa granted:

Guest rmansoor

Today i got the first co's email with following text

""

Some information is missing on your Form 80 provided

Provide full details of all employment since leaving high school. Please ensure that there are no gaps in dates.

If you have been unemployed for any period please write 'Unemployed' and state the dates of unemployment.

This question includes during periods of tertiary study. If you have been studying, and were unemployed during this period, you may write 'Unemployed / Student' in question 23 and state the dates of unemployment.

If you have been employed as part-time or full-time during your study since leaving high school

please provide full employment details including the dates of employment.

""

On Q.23 i only provided my employment details which is started after my graduation so now adding details since leaving high school.

my question is that there is a 1 year gap between tertiary study and my graduation study, so should i only write "Unemployed" ?

Second question On Q.28,I provided my friend contact detail in Australia but does not fill the friends date of birth box but Co asking for dates of birth details.And right now i unable to contact my friend to get his DOB,so what i will do now ?

Thanks,

Rehman

Guest nirudaka

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................

Got the MOST AWESOME Call today Morning from my Agent...................

Got Our VISA at last.............. Meds cleared on yesterday & Today VISA..................... Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom............................

Planing for the next step....................

Connie.................. Color me what every you like dear.......................... And thank you guys for helping and giving most valuable information to me................. Really appreciate them............ Hoping to hang till this last............. in this forum...........................

Thanks,

Nirudaka (32 - Systems Manager), Ashani (32 - Draughtswoman), Ganguli (4), Nikhil (2) & the unborn one...................

Got Our VISA at last.............. Meds cleared on yesterday & Today VISA..................... Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom............................

Connie.................. Color me what every you like dear.......................... And thank you guys for helping and giving most valuable information to me................. Really appreciate them............ Hoping to hang till this last............. in this forum...........................

Thanks,

Nirudaka (32 - Systems Manager), Ashani (32 - Draughtswoman), Ganguli (4), Nikhil (2) & the unborn one...................

Loads of congratulations dear.... now pray that we also get the grant soon :cute:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Rehman

Congrats on the CO!!

I filled in every date on my form 80. Either 'unemployed' or temping when I did some temping work for lots of different employers or 'travelling/unemployed' when I went travelling for a while. They just want you to account for this time - you might have been doing something else?

Sorry can't help with the second bit - do any of your friends know this friends birthdate? Or could you provide another reference - or maybe just explain to the CO and ask what the options are?

Goodluck

Thanks,

Congratulations!! :)

Archived