TV Fridge Freezer Washing Machine.....do they work back in UK?

Guest GillianM

Guest GillianM

Hey there, i would like to take my 42 inch Plasma TV back to the UK and Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer etc... will they work back home if i change the plugs?

I read somewhere that the sound frequencies in TVs are different here to UK and may not work and also if i had a set top box it will work with this?

Anyone brought their TV back home and it worked?

Gillian:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881

Your white goods will all work in the UK if you change the plugs.

Your television may have have the option to change countries to the UK. if not then buying a UK set top box and use the TV as a monitor from the set top box should work

Guest GillianM

Hey thanks, its a Samsung TV and the countries are Australia New Zeland and Singapore....no UK. Will just try it with set top box.

Gillian

Guest iwazawhingingpom
Hey there, i would like to take my 42 inch Plasma TV back to the UK and Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer etc... will they work back home if i change the plugs?

I read somewhere that the sound frequencies in TVs are different here to UK and may not work and also if i had a set top box it will work with this?

Anyone brought their TV back home and it worked?

Gillian:wubclub:

Hi, I remember an earlier post by someone who did the same and they did not work in the UK and they gave them away free to someone who was moving to Aus!

Might be a good idea to look into it a bit more as you don't want to pay for shipping for something thats not going to work:arghh:

All the best, Deb

Guest GillianM

Hi, ive been searching for something on internet but not much about it. Well i changed plugs on my laptop, hairdryer and ghds and they work fine so i suppose if i just change them back they will be fine. I read that people bring UK appliances to Oz with them and change plugs and they work, and TVs need a set top box depending on the TV so im just going to give it a go.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Dawny, what kind of TV did you have? were you allowed to take fridgefreezer back as a friend told me coming to Oz shippers wouldn't take her fridgefreezer must have something to do with the gas inside maybe incase it blew up lol did you bring yours back? did your washing machine work?

Gillian

Dawny, what kind of TV did you have? were you allowed to take fridgefreezer back as a friend told me coming to Oz shippers wouldn't take her fridgefreezer must have something to do with the gas inside maybe incase it blew up lol did you bring yours back? did your washing machine work?

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Yes we brought everything back with us, will send you a pm x

We brought a Samsung flat screen from Oz no problems setting it up in UK at all. Also still have a freezer from Oz works just fine even in the freezing garage!!

Should be no problems with washing machine at all except you need to put the securing bolts back into the drum to prevent it straining on the journey.

Dryer - not sure the all seem to just vent into the room - no pipe or condensers. Not a problem when we used that type in SA before ours arrived from UK (very dry atmosphere) but not sure how that would work our laundry here.

Archived