Shipping Insurance Lump sum or inventory??

Guest EM&M

Hi I am just trying to sort out my shipping insurance. We arent taking alot of expensive stuff mostly personal that cant be replaced anyway. Which is best to list every individual item or just go for a lump sum cover??

Thank for the advice

Em x

Guest caroline

Hi Em,

I'm not sure that our inmsurance company gave us a choice about what to do, we listed as much as possible each item but they were grouped in categories, i.e, books, cds etc. It was a nightmare and took us ages to do! Especially as we weren't sure at that time what we would definitely be taking - the inventory had to be completed 2 weeks before they came to pack our stuff. You'll probably find that when you put all your stuff together it comes to more than you think - ours was probably double in value!

Good luck!

Caroline

God what a nightmare, Crown are coming next monday!! I have looked at lump sum option and it is way over what our stuff is worth! inventory it is then arrhhhhhhhhh. Ali I aint listing all ellas bits off her dolls house NO WAY hehe

Em x

Guest sneaky
God what a nightmare, Crown are coming next monday!! I have looked at lump sum option and it is way over what our stuff is worth! inventory it is then arrhhhhhhhhh. Ali I aint listing all ellas bits off her dolls house NO WAY hehe

Em x

Im using crown too(coming 3rd Aug) i chose to only insure the realy valuable items (tools, electricals, etc..) and found it realy cheap.

I did opt for electrical derangement cover though which didnt cost much more.

If i were to insure all the girlfriends shoes and handbags, would probably have to go in the container myself:swoon:Dont get me started on that subject:arghh:

Sneaky...

we didnt bring any wardrobes ,like you say most are built in ,some people bring them and if not needed use them in the garage etc ,re sale value on ebay isnt bad if you do decide they arent needed when you arrive,,

Gotta agree Jo using Crown was sooo easy compared to some of the horror storys you here and im sure its because theres no agent involved so not as easy to pass the blame!

Cal x

Archived