Moving back to the mother land

Guest spenny

Guest The Ropey HOFF
:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:missed the point totally mate

Al we are best buddies, but don't you think that WE ALL have a sense of duty to try and help people who are looking into emigrating?

I know you are a decent bloke from personal experience and how would you feel if you were close to emigrating to secret Harbour and read what was written, you would be mortified.

I am sick of these t*t for tat replies as though, its alright to not be nice to someone, just because they disagree with something someones written, but surely discussing it has adults is the way forward, instead of trying to sensationalize an answer as though its one up man ship is really boring.

I think the OP has a right to say Australia hasn't worked out for them and they don't have to explain why, but.............. once you sign on to PIO, your information is on an open forum and it will receive interest, especially when it differs to alot of other people.

I hope they find what they are looking for it sounds as though they need a break from the stresses and strains they are under.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the OP says "Australia is not for us" and its "misinformation"?:wacko:

NO AUSTRALIA IS FOR YOU AND YOU WILL LIKE IT OR ELSE.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
So the OP says "Australia is not for us" and its "misinformation"?:wacko:

NO AUSTRALIA IS FOR YOU AND YOU WILL LIKE IT OR ELSE.

No one is saying that Aldo and i'm off seeing how the two biggest PIO cranks are ganging up on me.:laugh:

No one is saying that Aldo and i'm off seeing how the two biggest PIO cranks are ganging up on me.:laugh:

dont tar me with his brush!!:mad:

:hug:

Guest chris955

Unfortunately it seems if you point out actual facts you are just called names and the information is dismissed if it doesn't fit into what the PIO police think is appropriate. Sorry to hear about your problems, it is a huge issue both here and the UK.

Unfortunately i am beginning to understand exactly how the OP feels. i spent over 40 years in the East end of London and then north west Essex (which was absolutely beautiful) and never felt unsafe and never personally experienced crime. However, today we were robbed for the third time in Perth. i feel safe enough generally in the area i live, but the burglary rate seems pretty high and quite a few of our neighbours and friends have had break ins, with car keys seeming to be a particular target. Maybe we have been particularly unlucky but, I must admit, i am on a bit of a downer about Perth at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to wish the Op the very best of luck whatever they decide.

We all still have a duty of trying to help people on PIO sh7tman, if people don't want to help thats up to them, but they will get flack for it and even though this is a MBTTUK thread, it doesn't mean that would be migrants don't look into it, to see whats going on and if something is printed that isn't fully right, wether its in a thread like this, or any other thread on PIO, it needs to be rectified and thats what has happened, its not a uk versus OZ thing, it is a correcting mis=information thing. We ALL have sympathy with the OP, but its like 100 people getting nice fish and chips from a chippie and one person gets a dud fish and goes on to tell everyone the chippy is crap, its their right to do this, but the other 100 will say they are wrong. Lets help newcomers, not hinder.

Jim you state that we have a duty of care for newcomers, well I for one would like to hear both sides of the coin.

If I was emigrating to Australia and did not read about any of the bad stuff, then I would say that we are not living up to our duty of care to would be immigrants.

I have lived in Perth for 2 years now, and yes there are break ins, the drivers are absoluty nuts, there are tons of burn out tyre marks on the roads from the young hoons who drive their V8's.

There is also graffiti, discarded alcohol bottles on the verge, Northbridge on the weekend is a hotbed of fights.

I for one look at the MBTUK forum, as there as been many a time over the past 2 years when things have not been good in my life, and it is nice to see other people with the same feelings.

Have I been broken into... NO...do I have tyre marks outside my house...NO. Even though these things have not happended to me personally, I believe it is in our interest to show would be immigrants to Australia, the real Australia warts and all !!

To use your analogy of the chippy shop, if the person that got the dud fish and chips kept quiet, and I was the next in line and I got a dud, I for one would be upset, yes one dud does not reflect the chippy shop, but it is still nice to know that the chippy shop is not perfect.

To the OP... good luck in your move back to the UK!!

Cheers

Karen

Guest chris955

Exactly, it's all very well posting over and over again that Australia didn't go through a recession and the beaches are lovely but I would imagine that most people thinking of immigrating would need to hear that there is statistically as much crime here as there is in the UK. That does NOT mean that everyone will be robbed or assaulted anymore than it does in the UK. Is it OK to tell people somewhere is a low crime area if the facts show a different picture ?

I love Australia, really, but I am under no illusions about the country. It has lots of crime and is getting more and more expensive. That does NOT mean that if you come here you will be a victim of crime or wont be able to afford to live.

I do realise some will just put this down to me being anti Australian but if it helps to get a true picture across I have broad enough shoulders and can take it. :wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Theres crime everywhere, no one is saying this, you are uptight about people commenting on a one sided story that the OP has now rectified by saying Secret Harbour IS a nice place. Chris if i said i had been to where you were down south in the uk on your reccie and posted that it was a horrible place, with gangs knocking about and someone had said the local shop had been robbed and an old lady mugged, without saying it is a low crime area with, low unemployment, beautiful scenery and a great place to live............... you would be up in arms about it, so you all need to accept that Secret Harbour IS a nice place and you also ALL have to accept that if people read something that they feel is innacurate or mis-leading, it WILL be picked up upon, it is not being insensitive to spenny, who we all hope gets what he is looking for and its not that they are anti-uk, or pro Australia, its simply to balance out an overall innacurate one sided post. Again i repeat, we are ALL on PIO to try and help people, mainly looking at emigrating and these people, WILL look at the MBTTUK threads, so lets try and be like that.

Good luck spenny.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Technically burgled this time (was upset yesterday when I posted and legal technicalities were beyond me at that point). My son has previously been robbed though.

Thanks for clearing that up, both being different crimes to the other.

that was a nice post quoll, i used to live in oz, in north bondi ,i,ll never forget riding to work one day at 6 am and seeing a pile of clothes on the beach with a few blokes on the boardwalk looking at it, i thought maybe it,s a suicide or drowning . morbid curiosity got the better of me and i stopped to see what was going on , after a couple of minutes a young women emerged from the sea and walked up the beach naked to collect her clothes . you,ll never get that in england

Brilliant vinnybow.

Spenny we all have different experiences but you have to be happy wherever you are.

It's true compared to the UK Oz is very backwards in attitudes, policies, etc. but I think that's because the UK has jumped forward alot in the last 10/ 20 years, but it's different all around the country & I reckon that Oz is hugely diverse too. We've had so much investment in local authorities & other national programmes that it's made the UK a much better place to live, for now, but I don't know what it's going to be like in a year or two the way we're going.

For us, as a family, I think we will go back, but this time I will try to secure a job before I go, there's no point in being in a new place & not being able to start your life properly because you can't find work. Luckily, I was on maternity leave so we've just slotted right back in, which to be honest is very scary, it's like our 8 months never happened!!

Good luck & I hope it all goes well for you.

Guest chris955

The thing is nobody knows what anywhere is going to be like in 1 or 2 years. 3 or 4 years ago I remember reading how mass riots were just around the corner for the UK, people were going to take to the streets and show the Government what they thought of them. Obviously that didn't happen but it made good headlines at the time.

Tis true, but there are definitely going to be radical changes, the government is promising it, & with the amount of review meetings & consultations that we're going through things are going to be different, but you just have to watch the ride & see what will happen. I'm sure it's going to be different everywhere. But then nothing is perfect & change can be a good thing (keeping the positive thinking going!!!).

Guest The Ropey HOFF
The thing is nobody knows what anywhere is going to be like in 1 or 2 years. 3 or 4 years ago I remember reading how mass riots were just around the corner for the UK, people were going to take to the streets and show the Government what they thought of them. Obviously that didn't happen but it made good headlines at the time.

Cheers for just ignoring my posts of trying to be nice and helpful

Theres alot of unrest here in the uk, London firefighters have just gone on strike and all the major unions are sabre rattling trying to get their members to go on unilaterral strikes, your lucky to live in one of the few countries that never went into recession and theres no sign of mass unrest there.

Guest chris955

Labour got the country into a mess and it is going to take drastic measures to get it back on track, recent figures show the economy is on the up and if handled correctly it will continue. I am under no illusions about the future but there is nothing to suggest that there will be no future for kids for example.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The futures a lot brighter for kids in Australia at present, no one says theres no future for kids in the uk, only less chance of it happening, you try to twist things all the time.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I think you need to read my signature. :wink:

I think you need to start being nice and show people on PIO some respect and try to help instead of hinder, grow up fella, its embarrasing.

Labour got the country into a mess and it is going to take drastic measures to get it back on track, recent figures show the economy is on the up and if handled correctly it will continue. I am under no illusions about the future but there is nothing to suggest that there will be no future for kids for example.

It's great to be positive, Chris.

Here's some new from today:

An average of 320,000 private sector jobs a year would have to be created by 2015-16 just to keep unemployment steady at 2.5 million, it said.

"The 490,000 public sector job losses cited in the Spending Review looks like an underestimate, given what most public sector managers are telling [us]."

He put the total number of jobs to be lost in the public sector between 2009-10 and 2015-16 at 725,000.

The number of jobs lost in the private sector due directly and indirectly from the cuts would be 650,000, with an additional 250,000 jobs to go due to the VAT increase, he estimated.

The CIPD said the private sector was "perfectly capable" of creating more than 300,000 jobs a year, but only if the economy grew faster than 2.5% on average a year.

This, it said, "looks like a tall order".

Initial estimates show that the UK economy grew by 0.8% between July and September, and by 1.2% in the previous three months.

However, most economists expect growth to slow as a result of the spending cuts. Some economists argue that the size and the speed of the spending cuts could undermine the recovery.

BBC News - Spending cuts and VAT rise to cost 1.6m jobs, says CIPD

But, hey - it's only an informed opinion!!!!!!!

Guest chris955

I think a positive outlook is important. Well the 6 months growth is 2 % so that only leaves .5 for the other 6 months :wink:

haha! Chris,

Look at it this way.

3 or so years ago people moving to Oz had a great exchange rate, great equity in their houses, and decent house prices in Oz.

Now, you're moving back to UK with a great exchange rate for you, great equity in your house, and decent house prices here.

People have returned to the UK when things were rosy in OZ for them.

You'll be moving back to UK when things are rosy for you.

But, there's more to it than that, right?

Just as you want to open people's eyes to the 'reality' of life in Oz, cos on paper and on TV it may look fab, make sure you look at the 'reality' for yourself moving back here, cos I also know it may look fab for you on paper, but.......

Guest chris955

Yes absolutely, I agree. Of course for us it isn't all about the money although it will be nice to be mortgage free thus allowing us to live on a relatively small amount of money. For us it has just been a case of all the stars aligning at the right time.

It's great to be positive, Chris.

Here's some new from today:

An average of 320,000 private sector jobs a year would have to be created by 2015-16 just to keep unemployment steady at 2.5 million, it said.

"The 490,000 public sector job losses cited in the Spending Review looks like an underestimate, given what most public sector managers are telling [us]."

He put the total number of jobs to be lost in the public sector between 2009-10 and 2015-16 at 725,000.

The number of jobs lost in the private sector due directly and indirectly from the cuts would be 650,000, with an additional 250,000 jobs to go due to the VAT increase, he estimated.

The CIPD said the private sector was "perfectly capable" of creating more than 300,000 jobs a year, but only if the economy grew faster than 2.5% on average a year.

This, it said, "looks like a tall order".

Initial estimates show that the UK economy grew by 0.8% between July and September, and by 1.2% in the previous three months.

However, most economists expect growth to slow as a result of the spending cuts. Some economists argue that the size and the speed of the spending cuts could undermine the recovery.

BBC News - Spending cuts and VAT rise to cost 1.6m jobs, says CIPD

But, hey - it's only an informed opinion!!!!!!!

I kinda agree, the UK is going to be hit hard for a while, just hoping that I keep my public sector job, or I'll really be regretting the move back!!!

Lets not all get stressed out just because some one is crazy enough to want to move back to the mother land.

lets take a minute to relax and take in this beautiful picture of England:notworthy: in autumn and reflect on all the nice things in the world.

argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................

thats better

1863377812_b737829440.jpg?v=0

Archived