176 - If Job Offer do you become higher Category?

MikeW

Hi,

I'm waiting for 176 visa to be granted - have no Case Officer.

If I were to receive a job offer - would this mean I would get the visa much quicker (if I informed DIAC)? If so - any ideas how long?

Thanks!

Mike.

No, having a job offer by itself won't make any difference. The only way it could help if the employer was prepared to sponsor you for an ENS (subclass 121) visa but you and the employer would of course need to meet all of the requirements for that visa. 121s are in Priority Group 1 which gets the highest processing priority.

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

You would probably be eligible for a fee free 121 application.

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Guest Jamie Smith

Employer sponsorship via ENS = legal queue jumping :wink:

Get a job, then get a visa - this is the new thinking for Australian migration.

Employer sponsorship via ENS = legal queue jumping :wink:

Get a job, then get a visa - this is the new thinking for Australian migration.

The problem is getting an Australian employer to sponsor you. This is also going to be where the next scam comes through cause people r going to try to pay employers to sponsor them and some employers taking advantage of the sittuation will exactly do that.

Guest Jamie Smith
The problem is getting an Australian employer to sponsor you. This is also going to be where the next scam comes through cause people r going to try to pay employers to sponsor them and some employers taking advantage of the sittuation will exactly do that.

They already do. It's rife in the hospitality industry. I know of businesses with perhaps 5 chef/service students all paying for the right to gain "work experience" if you can call being exploited "experience", and the owner has free labour PLUS about $4000 weekly profits mostly in cash.... Greedy b*st*rd.

They already do. It's rife in the hospitality industry. I know of businesses with perhaps 5 chef/service students all paying for the right to gain "work experience" if you can call being exploited "experience", and the owner has free labour PLUS about $4000 weekly profits mostly in cash.... Greedy b*st*rd.

Very frankly, if i could get an australian employer to sponsor me, I would gladly pay him/her so would a lot of others.

Guest Jamie Smith

I understand that. However!

You start off the employment relationship on the wrong footing and would probably not have a terribly desirable job. From my experience, paradxoically, people who pay donlt get good jobs, they get terrible ones with terrible employers.

You may never then improve your situation. Of course on an ENS you can change employer more easily than a 457, but the employers often start with a 457 for a) speed of processing and start time and b) to a have a little more control over things.

It is then hard for them to relinquish that control if they know you are one difficult terms but all in their favour. Why would a bad employer sponsor you for PR if they were only going to lose a cheap worker?

Best to try to find a better employer and have a straighter pathway to PR.

I understand that. However!

You start off the employment relationship on the wrong footing and would probably not have a terribly desirable job. From my experience, paradxoically, people who pay donlt get good jobs, they get terrible ones with terrible employers.

You may never then improve your situation. Of course on an ENS you can change employer more easily than a 457, but the employers often start with a 457 for a) speed of processing and start time and b) to a have a little more control over things.

It is then hard for them to relinquish that control if they know you are one difficult terms but all in their favour. Why would a bad employer sponsor you for PR if they were only going to lose a cheap worker?

Best to try to find a better employer and have a straighter pathway to PR.

Jamie

I understand your concern. I am 40 well set in India and would definately not do that. My two brothers are settled in Australia and that is the primary reason I want to migrate. My point is there are going to be many desperate to stay on in Australia who would take that route bad employer or not. For desperate people two years of cheap labor would not sound as bad as it does to you and me.

Rahul

Jamie

Also how hard would it be for a mom and pop businesses to sponsor people. I really dont know about the checks that they have in place for the employer. Small employers might be tempted not from the point of cheap labor but just for the motivation of extra cash. Say my brothers friend runs a restaurant and sponsors me. My brother could just pay him of. He keeps me on the rolls for two three months on ENS and then i find another job in Australia. All kinds of possiblities open up.

Guest VickyMel

Hi Kerry

You are an absolute star!

I just read through the whole thread you gave above - really inspirational.

I have been revamping my OH and my CV a bit recently and am now trying desperately to get him to write some type of covering letter so that he (if I write & adapt the letter etc maybe - unfortunately he's really busy combined with really peed off with all this) can try contacting companies direct.

Its really good to see that some people get lucky.

You have given me a bit of incentive to push him again - thank you - the expereince and details you give on the thread were really useful.

VickyMel

Archived