Ok so honestly in all of your opinions - what chance have we got?!?!?

Guest N13KY R

Guest N13KY R

Hi All!

My husband and I are planning on applying for Visa's to come and live and work in Australia. We have a positive outlook on leaving the UK - we are not looking as it being a forever move, we are looking to rent our house here in the UK so we have a base should it not work out but we are hoping to give it a good go (should we have the good fortune to be granted our golden ticket that is!) and not to give up if we get a bit homesick etc..

We are really not overly concerned as to where we go, Alex (my Husband) has family in Perth (Fremantle) I have friends in Sydney...

My husband is a Gas Fitter, I am a GP Practice Manager. We have enough points (allegedly - according to the aus.gov website application thing...) but reading all of these posts on here I get the feeling that things are not progressing for people and I just wondered what you thought our chances of getting in were - I appreciate that different states have different entry requirements etc but if someone could explain the process from start to finish in easy to read terminology I would be very grateful!! I was hoping to give myself a 12 month period of time in which things start to progress - or is this ridiculously optimistic!!?!?!?!

We are off to the Manchester Expo event this weekend so hopefully we will be clearer in our approach to how we will begin our journey but any hints/advice/instructions would be most gratefully recieved!

Thanks - Nic

:notworthy:

Hiya Im new to this site myself but I have found a lot of useful (and hilariously funny LOL!!) info here so welcome and I hope you get your stuff sorted out soon. :wink:

Hi All!

My husband and I are planning on applying for Visa's to come and live and work in Australia. We have a positive outlook on leaving the UK - we are not looking as it being a forever move, we are looking to rent our house here in the UK so we have a base should it not work out but we are hoping to give it a good go (should we have the good fortune to be granted our golden ticket that is!) and not to give up if we get a bit homesick etc..

We are really not overly concerned as to where we go, Alex (my Husband) has family in Perth (Fremantle) I have friends in Sydney...

My husband is a Gas Fitter, I am a GP Practice Manager. We have enough points (allegedly - according to the aus.gov website application thing...) but reading all of these posts on here I get the feeling that things are not progressing for people and I just wondered what you thought our chances of getting in were - I appreciate that different states have different entry requirements etc but if someone could explain the process from start to finish in easy to read terminology I would be very grateful!! I was hoping to give myself a 12 month period of time in which things start to progress - or is this ridiculously optimistic!!?!?!?!

We are off to the Manchester Expo event this weekend so hopefully we will be clearer in our approach to how we will begin our journey but any hints/advice/instructions would be most gratefully recieved!

Thanks - Nic

:notworthy:

We have enough points (allegedly - according to the aus.gov website application thing...)

That's a step in the right direction. If you have enough points to be accepted for a skilled independant 175 visa things might progress a lot quicker than you think.

If you need to get a state sponsorship that's when things tend to slow down.

Have a chat with as many people as possible at the expo, they may have people there with information from different states, as they all have different State Migration Lists, or occupations that they require.

Here is a link to the Queensland web page which explains a bit about the different types of visas.

Skilled migration visa comparisons

Archived