additional cost in renting

twinkletoes35

hi all!

can any one tell me apart from the bond and 2wks rent are there any other fee when you take out a rental or during such as agency fees, checking fees etc

any info would be great

TT xx

No we didn't have any other costs...

But sometimes you might need to offer extra rent in advance to help secure a property.

Howard

some agent charge a letting fee one weeks rent i think [ have no idea what its for and not all agents charge it ] the only other thing you may get hit with will be exess water usage , some times the landlord pays this to make sure their garden is watered , other times you get the bill

All you should be paying is your bond(equivalent to 4 weeks rent) and however many weeks rent upfront that you agreed to,, the standard is 2 weeks but some migrants offer more to secure the house.

Once your in the house you are responsible for -

Contents Insurance

Electric & gas costs

Phone & internet

excess water useage

Hope this helps

Cal x

Hi there,

Here in Brisbane, they have recently come up with a way of charging tenants for all the water, not just excess water. Basically if the property is deemed water compliant (which essentially means it has aerators/sprinklers on the taps and showers and a choice of poo/wee flushes on the toilet) the landlords can now make the tenants pay for the whole of the water usage.

It has only recently come in, but I can't see any landlords not doing it! So I would imagine most new rentals will get to pay this, so it is worth budgeting for. Not sure where you stand if you already have a rental though.

HTH

Archived