help student visa

bmw2705

hi my friend is here on a student visa his course finish's in 6 weeks but he does not no what to do ie go home for 6 months or stay the problem is his visa finishs in december so should he put in for graduate visa first or go back to england but if he is not back before student visa finishs does he have to wait for graduate visa first for which i here they are taking up to a yr to be issued does that mean he would have to wait till its issued ? any help would be good

is any one else waiting for there graduate visa etc??????????????????

Guest helen & simon

Hi bmw,

Can't advise on what your friend should do but thought you should know graduate visas are taking longer than a year. We are just about to put in for ours and rang DIAC last week to ask for a rough time estimate and they said 18 months!

Helen

depends on how long your friend wants to go back to England for, if they leave and come back to Oz before the student visa expires there wont be a problem, also if they apply for the graduate visa they will be granted a bridging visa A, however you can only leave Oz for maximum of 90 days and return onto a Bridging visa A and they will need to apply for a visa allowing them to leave the country.

Hope this helps.

Mandy

Guest helen & simon
thats absolutely crazy 18 mths!!!!!! how the hell is that meant to work? As surely most people would wait till nearer the end of the course and then apply? so if they take 18mths then you have to apply 6mths into your course????:wacko:

Tell me about it!!:arghh:

And of course in the meantime bridging visa means we cannot leave Australia (can't afford to anyway) plus we have to continue paying school fees (going up to $8620 next year). And if that wasn't enough the TRA is no longer accepting the 900 hours skills assessment. It's now called the Job Ready Programme - takes 12 months and costs $4500!

Cash cow anyone:realmad:

Archived