Thinking of moving back to the UK

Guest davethebear

Guest Guest37175
Agree with you about the "connectedness" and it's a strange thing on my part that I felt more connected to Australia and Perth, very quickly, than I ever did with England and the places I lived there. I felt there "must be something better than this" the whole time. I must have been lucky to find a lot of people, who we now call close friends, who have had the same outcome. Not all of them from England either.

I'm sure it can work for a lot of people, as it has for us.

When you make that kind of connection with a place then I think you've really hit the jack-pot. In my job in Oz I interviewed heaps of Brits and many, many of them would have echoed your sentiments. It was a bit gutting at times for me as an unhappy Pom to have to hear it, but most people I met felt completed by having made the move to Oz. I remember one bloke who said to me "I was born to live in this country, I just don't know why I was born in Halesowen!" He'd found the right place for himself in the world on the Gold Coast, and I think the stats relating to the traffic of Brits moving back and forth between Oz and the UK shows that Oz works well for the vast majority.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived