176 online application

Lauren82

Hello everyone,

Hope you have had a good weekend.

I am just completing our online GSM 176 application and checking I have completed everything in the right place.

Hoping some of you can share your advice on a few questions. I apologise if I am asking the obvious - I just want to make extra extra sure I have it right.

1) Family members - (Provide details of all family members, including those who are not migrating as well as deceased family members)

Do they just want to know the family members of the Main applicant (me)? or my OHs family too?

2) Military Service - Application asks you to provide details if you have ever served in the military.

My OH served for 6 years in the Royal Marines. How much detail of that do we need to provide? Will it be enough just to say he served in the Royal Marines.

3) Is it best to pay by credit or debit card?

I would appreciate any advice that you have - to help give me peace of mind before parting with my money. Big Thank You!!

Hello everyone,

Hope you have had a good weekend.

I am just completing our online GSM 176 application and checking I have completed everything in the right place.

Hoping some of you can share your advice on a few questions. I apologise if I am asking the obvious - I just want to make extra extra sure I have it right.

1) Family members - (Provide details of all family members, including those who are not migrating as well as deceased family members)

Do they just want to know the family members of the Main applicant (me)? or my OHs family too?

2) Military Service - Application asks you to provide details if you have ever served in the military.

My OH served for 6 years in the Royal Marines. How much detail of that do we need to provide? Will it be enough just to say he served in the Royal Marines.

3) Is it best to pay by credit or debit card?

I would appreciate any advice that you have - to help give me peace of mind before parting with my money. Big Thank You!!

Hi Ya,

We recently submitted our 176 visa on 4th September so can help with your questions.

1) Yes, it's both yours and OH's relatives details - brothers, sisters and parents - names / DOB's / deceased or alive, married, widowed or divorced

2) Military service - my husband was in the TA back in the 80's and we had to get his military discharge papers, easily sorted cos our agent just gave us all the details of who to contact and had paperwork within a week. Not sure about the marines but I'm sure someone will be along to help with that one. There has been someone on a thread previously who was in the royal marines..

3) They don't accept debit card. It must be credit card.

Hope this helps.

x Helen

Excellent. Thank you for responding.

Having to put my OHs family on could potentially unearth some problems for us. He does not know who his Dad is.... do you think that will cause us problems?? His Mum remarried and her new husband has 2 (grown up) children. I assume they will also need to be included on the application.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent. Thank you for responding.

Having to put my OHs family on could potentially unearth some problems for us. He does not know who his Dad is.... do you think that will cause us problems?? His Mum remarried and her new husband has 2 (grown up) children. I assume they will also need to be included on the application.

The form states step brothers as well, so then you need to added them

Archived