Shipping company - crock of poo!!

chickibabes

Well to be honest i think i will be selling all of our large stuff and shipping the rest by the postal service.

20KG costs around 100 Euro and arrives in 6 Days. For bed clothes, towels, kitchen utencils and toys etc this is the way to go in my opinion. I hate the thought of arriving without toys or bed clothes for the kids. So i think i will be shipping what i can this way and sell the rest and forget about a container. I know hard to rid your stuff here but that stress your having isnt worth any money. Id sooner be 5K down than go through all that stress. Thats my view anyway but thanks for all the advice on shipping. My mind is made up for sure :)

Right crowne quote in the bin !!!! didnt like the man that came round bit laid back for my liking and a bit so so with what we are taking ! more expensive and didnt get back to us with a quote for a while.

Anglo did a quote over the phone so they are a no as i had to walk round the house telling him what we have up in loft ect and of course me fitting the phone bill and i got a quote by email but no paperwork or brouchers sent so they got deleted.

So PSS it is lovely man came very helpful and was impressed with my organising skills :wink:

Thanks for the thread my mind is made up.

Just need someone to buy my house any takers.

Emma and Gang

We got Crown, Doree Bonner, Pickfords and AP in for quotes and were going to get Crown and Pickfords back in but not so sure now.

Guy from DB was older, very nice, didn't flinch at any of our questions.

Crown and Pickfords guys were OK didn't get a vibe one way or another from them.

AP guy gave lots of info including the magical "mechanical derangement not covered by shipping insurances".

None of them have hassled us with calls or emails. Obviously they all guaranteed it wouldn't be subcontractors doing the packing etc, etc. DB did offer us 8 weeks "free" storage in UK and Oz by that was poo-poo'ed by the other companies.

Each company has had good and bad reports on here and we all know every one of them can make a major fek up with your stuff.

So, where does that leave us ..... fek knows ... our short time-scale means we need to get at least 2 of them back to re-quote as we've culled a lot of crap.

Toss a bloody coin time methinks ....

Where's the whisky ....

Guest guest33730
We got Crown, Doree Bonner, Pickfords and AP in for quotes and were going to get Crown and Pickfords back in but not so sure now.

Guy from DB was older, very nice, didn't flinch at any of our questions.

Crown and Pickfords guys were OK didn't get a vibe one way or another from them.

AP guy gave lots of info including the magical "mechanical derangement not covered by shipping insurances".

None of them have hassled us with calls or emails. Obviously they all guaranteed it wouldn't be subcontractors doing the packing etc, etc. DB did offer us 8 weeks "free" storage in UK and Oz by that was poo-poo'ed by the other companies.

Each company has had good and bad reports on here and we all know every one of them can make a major fek up with your stuff.

So, where does that leave us ..... fek knows ... our short time-scale means we need to get at least 2 of them back to re-quote as we've culled a lot of crap.

Toss a bloody coin time methinks ....

Where's the whisky ....

The guy from Doree Bonner in Scotland is brilliant - by far the best salesperson, if I remember correctly he used to work for Crown once upon a time (forgotten his name).

The service from Crown from Scotland really was superb for me - couldn't fault anything especially the packing itself. The Adelaide end was fine although it was sub-contracted (the guys were excellent) and they still haven't picked up my empty boxes despite many calls!

Daniel

Archived