Need of support and encouragement

allthatmullarkey

Hi

Well here's the deal, we have been here nearly 2 years and returned to the UK for a hol at easter after this myself and my daughter really wanted to move back. After returning to oz we decided to start making plans to move back, also during this time my husband was laid off for his job and so I have been working all nights and weekends to make ends meet.

We put our house on the market with no interest for over 2 months so decided to take it off the market for a while, well 2 weeks ago we decided to try again and yesterday it sold!!!!

Well now all of a sudden I have mixed feelings ie are we doing the right thing? will we found work? can I manage to live with my mother for perhaps months!!!

Is this normal???

We are returning for all the same reasons people decide to go back family, friends and just to feel alive again.

Sorry if this makes no sense but have just come off night shift and suddenly feeling a little stressed!!!!

Any words of encouragment please!!!!

Go for it! You have at least got over one hurdle - the house selling and that is what is keeping a lot of people stuck here. The mixed feelings seem to be quite universal when people actually make the decision - they start second guessing themselves. At least you have already done the trip and decided you wanted your life back so head for the hills as soon as you can! Maybe your DH can go back ahead of you and get a job sorted before you arrive and chances are you wont have to live with your mother for long as you find your own place to live.

Good luck for the next wonderful step in your life!

Hi

Well here's the deal, we have been here nearly 2 years and returned to the UK for a hol at easter after this myself and my daughter really wanted to move back. After returning to oz we decided to start making plans to move back, also during this time my husband was laid off for his job and so I have been working all nights and weekends to make ends meet.

We put our house on the market with no interest for over 2 months so decided to take it off the market for a while, well 2 weeks ago we decided to try again and yesterday it sold!!!!

Well now all of a sudden I have mixed feelings ie are we doing the right thing? will we found work? can I manage to live with my mother for perhaps months!!!

Is this normal???

We are returning for all the same reasons people decide to go back family, friends and just to feel alive again.

Sorry if this makes no sense but have just come off night shift and suddenly feeling a little stressed!!!!

It is normal once you have made the decision to have doubts - I have had loads before returning and since returning but then I am a worry wart - we have been back three months and I am sure we have made the right decision but still have missing Oz days -the trouble is whatever side of the water you are you remember only the good bits about the other country that's the trickery of the mind. I keep rational about our decision and know it is right for our future and kids future and don't say never about returning to Oz or moving somewhere else in the future. My daughter who really didn't want to come back - said this morning that in Oz she dreaded going to school - here she really looks forward to it, she is engaged in school in a way i have never seen before and the standards are so much higher than at her expensive private school in Oz. Same with my son and his uni course (world class). OH's job is much more interesting and I have just been offered my dream set up with work - regular freelancing and a chance to build up my own business - so I can still be around for my daughter. We are better off financially too. Are you in health care? What about your OH and where are you returning to?

It is normal once you have made the decision to have doubts - I have had loads before returning and since returning but then I am a worry wart - we have been back three months and I am sure we have made the right decision but still have missing Oz days -the trouble is whatever side of the water you are you remember only the good bits about the other country that's the trickery of the mind. I keep rational about our decision and know it is right for our future and kids future and don't say never about returning to Oz or moving somewhere else in the future. My daughter who really didn't want to come back - said this morning that in Oz she dreaded going to school - here she really looks forward to it, she is engaged in school in a way i have never seen before and the standards are so much higher than at her expensive private school in Oz. Same with my son and his uni course (world class). OH's job is much more interesting and I have just been offered my dream set up with work - regular freelancing and a chance to build up my own business - so I can still be around for my daughter. We are better off financially too. Are you in health care? What about your OH and where are you returning to?

Pleased to hear things are working out, I've just read some more doom and gloom from the UK so good to hear that's not the case for everyone.

The main reason for going back is for our daughter she misses family, and like you think the education system is better at home.

I am a nurse and looking to head back to my hometown just outside York, might have to be some agency or bank work until the right job comes along.

I guess I just started to feel overwhelmed and fear set in!!!

My OH is a bit more positive and says he can talk he's way into any job, I have to admit he does have the gift of the gab.

Thanks for the encouragment just needed to hear that these feelings are normal.

By the way thanks for your PM a few weeks ago, hopefully you got my reply as I seem to have had some trouble with my messages at the mo.

Guest famousfive

Wobbles are normal but they will pass.The doom and gloom posts are usually from those leaving the UK and this is natural,just as the doom and gloom posts about Aus are usually from those returning home like ourselves.We all have our reasons for heading home but we all have one thing in common....we liked it there,so why persist with living here if we don't like it more than home.My life was good at home and to be honest it would have to be pretty damn good here to even come close to beating what I had there,it has been good here at times but not enough to make it better than what we had...so we return next year for good.

I have traipsed around the globe numerous times at this stage and I have a little trick I use to keep the wobbles away,no matter which direction I am planning to travel at the time.I sit and ask myself the following questions....

1.Are any family members destitute or in danger of not being able to feed themselves?[my OH is an aussie so I can do this when heading to Oz too]......answer,NO.

2.Were we ever destitute at home.......answer,NO.

3.Do you think family and friends are stupid?....answer,NO.

4.Are they stupid for living at home?......answer,NO.

5.Are millions of my countrymen stupid for not leaving the country?......answer,NO.

If the answers to the above are NO then why would it be wrong or stupid for us to return?Works for me.Good luck to you all and remember when the wobbles show their ugly head..........this too will pass.

Hi

Is this normal???

Hi Clare, Congrats on selling your house. Great news -what does your OH do? we have no regrets at all. xx

Archived