Going to oz on tourist visa while awaiting outcome of 309/100 spouce visa

Guest moodybird

Guest moodybird

Has anyone else left the uk to await the outcome of there visa in Australia? and is it ok to do this? :confused:

My dilemma is my boyfriend is going back to Australia in Nov for harvest and I don't want to sit around waiting for 6 months without him.

(We didn't realise the visa processing was taking so long) :arghh:

I have read a couple of threads saying you can go to Australia on a holiday visa and then leave again when the visa is due to be granted?

My co has requested meds and Australian police check and once meds have been processed and I have received police check I was going to email co and let him know I was thinking of going to Australia for a few months.

any info on this would be mucho appreciated

Has anyone else left the uk to await the outcome of there visa in Australia? and is it ok to do this? :confused:

My dilemma is my boyfriend is going back to Australia in Nov for harvest and I don't want to sit around waiting for 6 months without him.

(We didn't realise the visa processing was taking so long) :arghh:

I have read a couple of threads saying you can go to Australia on a holiday visa and then leave again when the visa is due to be granted?

My co has requested meds and Australian police check and once meds have been processed and I have received police check I was going to email co and let him know I was thinking of going to Australia for a few months.

any info on this would be mucho appreciated

Yes you can travel to Oz on a tourist visa while awaiting the Spouse Visa application outcome. I did it this year for 10 weeks in June-August. You don't need permission from your CO, you just need to inform them you are going and tell them your whereabouts in case they need to contact you.

Remember if you go on a tourist visa, you can't work.

If you apply offshore then you need to be offshore for the visa to be granted, so the applicant will need to leave the country. Maybe best if you don't leave for a weekend, because your CO actually has to approve it while you are out of the country...and they don't work weekends! Go for a few days during the week.

Guest moodybird

Thanks for the advice guys thats a big weight of my mind. I really didn't want to be away from him for so long.

I won't be working, im going over in Jan which is when My fella will be on holidays and I can stay on the family farm and help out for a couple of months

Guest moodybird

Thanks peach :) ill just be staying with the family I won't be working, by helping out i mean ill help out with the dishes and cook dinner for them :)

Archived