14 just moved to Brisbane and miss home !

Guest mazieann

Guest mazieann

hey, my names Mazie im 14 and my mum and dad and i have just moved to Brisbane 7 weeks ago. i've left my brother and sister back home in England. i come from Essex, Southend. i have joined a school but im not really enjoying it, was wondering if anyone else was going through the same thing, if so get in touch and we can talk ! :cute: xxxxxx

hey, my names Mazie im 14 and my mum and dad and i have just moved to Brisbane 7 weeks ago. i've left my brother and sister back home in England. i come from Essex, Southend. i have joined a school called Carmel College but im not really enjoying it, was wondering if anyone else was going through the same thing, if so get in touch and we can talk ! :cute: xxxxxx

Hi Mazie

I have a daughter who is also 14 and we must live close to you - because we are just around the corner from Carmel College :cute:

Sorry to hear you are finding it hard here. It can be tough when you first arrive, especially in the middle of the year when everyone already seems to have made friends. Are you in year 9 or 10?

Maybe you can get your mum to send me a message and we can see about meeting up so you can chat to my daughter.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest mazieann

hi Rudi,

thank you very much, that sounds great, has you daughter got facebook ?

When did you guys move over here ?

Yh you must live close to me then :) what school does your daughter go to ? im in year 9

thank you very much for your help :)

Mazie :) xxx

hi Rudi,

thank you very much, that sounds great, has you daughter got facebook ?

When did you guys move over here ?

Yh you must live close to me then :) what school does your daughter go to ? im in year 9

thank you very much for your help :)

Mazie :) xxx

Hi Mazie

We did a search for you on FB but came up with a few people with the same name as you! Can you PM me your email addy then my daughter can search for you with that so that she gets the right person. My daughter is also in year 9 - she's at Ormiston College.

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Mazie, my parents live in Rayleigh near Southend and my 2 brothers lived nearby too. They moved to Perth 7 years ago and we are hopefully going ourselves next September, providing all our plans go our way! I too have 2 older children who may not be coming with us, but i also have a 6 year old who can't wait! I'm sure you will settle, just give it time and i'm sure you will love it, just think of all the British that move to Australia-hope to chat to you again. Keep smiling and stay cool!!!!:smile: You also will make new friends at College too!:smile:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest harrisoncfc

Hey maize,

i just turned 15 a week ago and moved here 1st july..

been in secondary school for a while and it is going ok but i perfer my old friends in england ALOT more!

I would just perfer it if my parents never thought of this idea : /

But everything else of it is ok i guess, the heat, the theme parks, the beach..

but friends and family are just too important : /

but dont want my mum and dad to feel bad for makin me feel upset for leaving everyone :S

Harrison..

Guest mazieann

hey harrison,

im going through the exact same thing ! i hate my school, im really not enjoying it ! and i miss my friends so much ! i left my brother and sister behind which im really struggerling with ! and yh i dont want to make my mum and dad feel bad but im hoping if they see how unhappy i am they will send me home :/ whats they goldcoast like though ? my mum wants to move there :)

mazie...xx

Guest GillianM

Hey there, my daughter is 14 too and we live in Melbourne, been here 12 weeks and shes hating it here and school and kids here, prefers friends and school back home. She thinks they are so boring here and no one goes out after school, shes stuck in all time. You can add her on Facebook if you want its Brogan Gallagher Berwick Melbourne Australia if you want to talk.

Gillian

Guest mazieann

heey Gillian ,

i feel the same as your daughter, i've noticed no one goes out and they're all still attached to their parents apron strings still ! I find it quite boring too i really miss home and my old school ! yh i would love to add your daughter ! :) thank you so much !

mazie ...xx

Guest mazieann

i just tryed to add her but there are alot of Brogan Gallaghers can you tell me what her profile picture is so i can see which one she is :) thanks

Mazie xx

Guest GillianM

Hi, she has a black and white photo of herself with cream blouse on and jeans, long dark hair, her hometown is perth and kinross and lives melbourne victoria australia. Hope u manage to find it lol

Gillian x

Guest GCQueen

That is completely normal but you will settle in eventually. The foreign-born kids at my school were always the most popular because there's something unique about them. And Brisbane's a bit of a boring city so maybe once you start going away at the weekends you'll enjoy yourself a bit more.

Guest paradisi

been there done that

much older but went throught the same at 10

learned to have an aussie accent very quickly - the daily bashings were too much

thoroughly enjoy the place and have done for yonks - LOL aussie ism

kick back, relax, make friends where you can and give the finger to the rest of the world

hope you get through it and learn to enjoy life

as for over seas friends and family - skype is wonderful - wish I had it back in the black and white telly days

Archived