When can I expect a CO? Visa 176

reza

Guest KatyNick

I think you've got quite a wait in front of you. We lodged on 3rd September 2009 and we are not expecting a CO in the near future :frown:

If you look on the 'Category 3' thread you will see that people who lodged in approximately July 2008 are just now getting a CO.

Be prepared to sit tight and be VERY patient.

I have lodged my application on August and my agent told me that I have to wait for around 18 months to get a CO. I am just trying to forget about the application.

I have lodged my 176 state sponsored application on 01 SEP 2010 (SOL- Schedule 3) and attached all documents.

When can I expect a CO ?

Regards:notworthy:

Hi ya Reza,

Are you getting a little impatient ????? It's only been a couple of weeks since we put our visa's in. Until the SMP's come out, nothing much is going to happen really. Know how you feel though. Just wanna be there like everyone else on here.

x Helen

I think you've got quite a wait in front of you. We lodged on 3rd September 2009 and we are not expecting a CO in the near future :frown:

If you look on the 'Category 3' thread you will see that people who lodged in approximately July 2008 are just now getting a CO.

Be prepared to sit tight and be VERY patient.

But I am not in Category 3- I think I am in priority 2

176 State sponsored and sol :eek:

But I am not in Category 3- I think I am in priority 2

176 State sponsored and sol :eek:

You are definitely not priority 2 as the SMP's are not in effect...

If the SMP's will come out and your nominated occupation will be on the QLD SMP, then you will be category 2 and might hope a visa grant within 12 months from the time the application was lodged.

So you won't get a CO before September 2011 I am quite sure.

Then it's really a long wait..but some people got approved this year even they applied march/april ..any idea about their condition??

You are definitely not priority 2 as the SMP's are not in effect...

If the SMP's will come out and your nominated occupation will be on the QLD SMP, then you will be category 2 and might hope a visa grant within 12 months from the time the application was lodged.

So you won't get a CO before September 2011 I am quite sure.

Then it's really a long wait..but some people got approved this year even they applied march/april ..any idea about their condition??

Probably because they were on the CSL if they applied in March / April as it was on 7th May 2010 when the GSM program was suspended to new apps.

We applied on 7th May 2010 and don't expect a CO until well into next year (we are Cat 3 at the moment) however On the Cat 3 thread a PIO member who applied the same day as us has their visa already as they were CSL.

Ta

Claire

Hi ya Reza,

Are you getting a little impatient ????? It's only been a couple of weeks since we put our visa's in. Until the SMP's come out, nothing much is going to happen really. Know how you feel though. Just wanna be there like everyone else on here.

x Helen

Hi Hellen

Thanks for your message, I think since we are in SOL we do not need to wait for SMP and our application can be processed,

People who are not in SOL and have obtained SS should wait for SMP to see their occupation is in new SMP

Regards

Guest jains005
Hi Hellen

Thanks for your message, I think since we are in SOL we do not need to wait for SMP and our application can be processed,

People who are not in SOL and have obtained SS should wait for SMP to see their occupation is in new SMP

Regards

hi reza,

people who are not in SOL(cat 4), if they come in SMP will be in higher priority than cat 3 (in new SOL but not in SMP). And their applications will be processed faster. Getting in SMP is (i would not say equally) important for both Cat 3 and 4

best of luck

jains

hi reza,

people who are not in SOL(cat 4), if they come in SMP will be in higher priority than cat 3 (in new SOL but not in SMP). And their applications will be processed faster. Getting in SMP is (i would not say equally) important for both Cat 3 and 4

best of luck

jains

Thanks for your reply,

I agree with what you mentioned. But I think being in SOL and having SS is enough for being processed, I mean DIAC can process our application as long as we are in SOL and sponsored by a state.

Regards

Thanks for your reply,

I agree with what you mentioned. But I think being in SOL and having SS is enough for being processed, I mean DIAC can process our application as long as we are in SOL and sponsored by a state.

Regards

Hi reza

You are Cat 3 at the moment and if you look at the thread Cat 3 where are you now you will see that that are processing JULY 2008 at the moment thats all old dinosaurs like me so I think you will have a longish wait, but you ahve been told that on here and on the british expats site as well.

If you don't believe anything anybody tells you why keep asking peoples opinion?

Murky

Hi reza

You are Cat 3 at the moment and if you look at the thread Cat 3 where are you now you will see that that are processing JULY 2008 at the moment thats all old dinosaurs like me so I think you will have a longish wait, but you ahve been told that on here and on the british expats site as well.

Murky

Hi Dear Murky

Why have you been held so long ?I have seen people in british expats (shafaqat) lodged 176 SS visa and allocated CO in a month or two!

Have you been in CSL ?

if 176 visa takes that long then 175 visa will take ages!

Regards

Hi Dear Murky

Why have you been held so long ?I have seen people in british expats (shafaqat) lodged 176 SS visa and allocated CO in a month or two!

Have you been in CSL ?

if 176 visa takes that long then 175 visa will take ages!

Regards

Hi reza

Please read the thread i mentioned it will tell you that they are treating 176 and 175 as one and the same and are dealing with the backlog now from 2008 onwards. These years were put on hold in march last year when the priorities were changed and we were all thrown to the back of the queue. There have been COs and Visa's approved to newer applicants but they are few and far between.

Murky

Guest jains005
Thanks for your reply,

Regards

hi

to say its answer we should get clear information about the criteria of getting in SMP. Whether it is mandatory to have SS of particular state etc. With current information what we can say is that being in new sol is not necessary to be in cat2

jains

hi

I'm reading this thread and I'm having a sinking feeling.

Could someone please tell me, if you apply from the schedule 2 anzsco list what can make things happen faster?

Diane

Hi Jains

I looked at the link and I'm not really any clearer..

My husband is an Engineer Manager 133211 and i was hoping that it would be fairly prompt. Think I'm dreaming

Hi Jains

I looked at the link and I'm not really any clearer..

My husband is an Engineer Manager 133211 and i was hoping that it would be fairly prompt. Think I'm dreaming

I have nominated the same occupation in my application as your husband. I have SS from QLD too.

I am waiting for a CO since 13 months and 2 days... :arghh:

So who is sitting in Cat 2 now?And what will happen if SMP is not coming anymore?

No one. Category 2 is for the SMP. But as the SMP are still not signed off / released then we have

Cat 1 - Employee Sponsored

Cat 3 - new SOL Schedule 3

Cat 4 - those who are not on new SOL schedule 3

DIAC are currently processing those people in Cat3 who lodged their visa in July 2008.

If SMP does not happen then it is anyone's guess. They are just waiting sign-off from the new Immi Minister but no one knows when this will happen. This year or perhaps early next year are the rumours.

Claire

No one. Category 2 is for the SMP. But as the SMP are still not signed off / released then we have

Cat 1 - Employee Sponsored

Cat 3 - new SOL Schedule 3

Cat 4 - those who are not on new SOL schedule 3

DIAC are currently processing those people in Cat3 who lodged their visa in July 2008.

If SMP does not happen then it is anyone's guess. They are just waiting sign-off from the new Immi Minister but no one knows when this will happen. This year or perhaps early next year are the rumours.

Claire

Does this mean that DIAC process 176 and 175 Visas at the same rate ?

Where 176 visa applicants are sitting now ?

Priority 1 2 or 3?

Does this mean that DIAC process 176 and 175 Visas at the same rate ?

Where 176 visa applicants are sitting now ?

Priority 1 2 or 3?

Reza

At the moment it does not matter if you are 175 or 176. All that matters is that your occupation is on the new SOL Schedule 3. If it is you are in Category 3. You could be 175 or 176 Family or 176 State Sponsored, either way, if your are on the SOL Schedule 3 you are Cat 3, if not you are Cat 4.

Category 1 is only for those people who have employer sponsorship.

I see you have joined the Cat 3 thread so you must already know that you are Category 3.

Regards

Claire

Archived