Get together in the South East anyone?

DannyCoyles

Hi Everyone

Not looking like a good day on Sunday according to the weather forecast. Think we should postpone this and join the annual Mornington Meet on Saturday 30th October. Meeting at midday at Mornington Park, near the kids play area. Look out for the Scottish flag!

Hopefully everyone can make this date and that we get better weather.

Thanks

Danny.

Original post:

Hi

Anyone up for a get together in the South East?

Lunchtime BYO Picnic/BBQ.

Sunday 17th October (11am onwards)

Jells Park (Oakes Picnic area)

Parks Victoria: Jells Park page

Hope to see you all there.

Danny.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Danny

Sounds a great idea, I am not sure if your post will have been seen as even I forget to look in to the Victoria Suburb forum, oops.

Kate

Hi Danny

Sounds a great idea, I am not sure if your post will have been seen as even I forget to look in to the Victoria Suburb forum, oops.

Kate

I have posted in a few places to try and get a group interested in meeting up. Will try some fresh posts. The one on one contact is difficult so would rather try and organise a BYO BBQ at a set venue somewhere to allow people to mix and feel safe with no pressure. Like emerald or lysterfield lake for example. Thought it was worth a try. There seems to be a lot of people finding it hard to settle and to talk to people in the same boat is helpful.

Will see if anything comes of if, if not then no harm done. Might just reserve a shelter at emerald lake when the weather gets better and put an announcment out on all the forums and sections and see who turns up. Or we might just end up having a BBQ with the poms we already know!

Guest sunnyday

Hi Danny, let us know when and where and we'll be there, would love to meet some more poms!! I don't really have any suggestions as we've only been here for a matter of weeks. I think I know another family that may want to come, I'll let them know.

Hi Danny, let us know when and where and we'll be there, would love to meet some more poms!! I don't really have any suggestions as we've only been here for a matter of weeks. I think I know another family that may want to come, I'll let them know.

Good, if we get a few interested thats all we need for the first meeting. I start making enquiries about facilities and go from there.

Danny.

I have done some searching around and Jells park looks like a good venue, they have a solid fuel BBQ, wood provided and picnic areas etc. Emerald lake has very good facilitied but there is a cost to hire them out so best to stick to something free for now.

Sunday 17th October is looking good at the minute We can agree a meeting point and time closer to the day.

Website for the park: Parks Victoria: Jells Park page

Thanks

Danny

Guest sunnyday
I have done some searching around and Jells park looks like a good venue, they have a solid fuel BBQ, wood provided and picnic areas etc. Emerald lake has very good facilitied but there is a cost to hire them out so best to stick to something free for now.

Sunday 17th October is looking good at the minute We can agree a meeting point and time closer to the day.

Website for the park: Parks Victoria: Jells Park page

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Danny, I've put it in my diary :biggrin:

Guest lisa_b52

Hi,

Great Idea and we would love to come. Have you confirmed the 17/10/2010 at Jells Park?

Let us know if this is a definate.

Looking forward to it.

Lisa and Family

Guest lisa_b52

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply.

We will see you there. Which area have you chose as a meeting spot and what time?

Lisa and Family

Guest juliemtaylor

Hope to come but have a friends party that day, and its the street art festival in Mornington that day too.

You should get it posted up on the front page of PIO - ask Rob (cerberus1), and post a general thread for everyone.

Julie x

hi danny, we will be there! me - jenny - hubby - karl and our two girls laura - 11 and emily - 9. we are based in berwick. see you at jells park!

jenny

hi danny, we will be there! me - jenny - hubby - karl and our two girls laura - 11 and emily - 9. we are based in berwick. see you at jells park!

jenny

Hi Jenny

Thats great. We are not to far away in Lyndhurst. We spend quite a bit of time in Berwick its really nice. My wife likes the sweetie shop tha sells the UK chocolate and Bisto!

Danny

yes, unfortunately we have stumbled across that shop too!!! lol.

We all love it.

Have you discovered lysterfield park yet? Great place if you love biking, hiking, kyaking and the great out doors and it is only a 10 min drive from here. Well worth checking out!

We are looking forward to checking out Jells park at the meet - i've heard it is huge and a nice place to go.

Jenny

yes, unfortunately we have stumbled across that shop too!!! lol.

We all love it.

Have you discovered lysterfield park yet? Great place if you love biking, hiking, kyaking and the great out doors and it is only a 10 min drive from here. Well worth checking out!

We are looking forward to checking out Jells park at the meet - i've heard it is huge and a nice place to go.

Jenny

Hi

Forgot to reply the other day. we have been to lysterfield park just to see where it was, never spent any time there but it looks good, we have friends that live fairly close to there they keep asking us to go for Sunday breakfast, must do it some day now that the good weather has made a return. Although we spent all weekend outside and totally wrecked today, can hardly keep my eyes open at work, must have taken in to much sun and fresh air!

See you soon

Danny

Hi Danny, I should have checked on here before posting on Britvics. We are also having our yearly Mornington meet at Mornington park on Saturday 30th October. Thats the Saturday before Melbourne cup. So if anyones up for another meet after the Jells park one feel free to come along.

Hi Danny, I should have checked on here before posting on Britvics. We are also having our yearly Mornington meet at Mornington park on Saturday 30th October. Thats the Saturday before Melbourne cup. So if anyones up for another meet after the Jells park one feel free to come along.

Hi Bordy

Think the rain and dull weather might make this Sunday a non event. What the details for the meet at mornington Park?

Hi Bordy

Think the rain and dull weather might make this Sunday a non event. What the details for the meet at mornington Park?

Much the same as yours Danny. BYO picnic / BBQ, drinks etc. I try & get there around midday & set up a Scottish flag so people know where in Mornington park we are sitting. We usually meet up near the kids play area.

Hi Everyone

Not looking like a good day on Sunday according to the weather forecast. Think we should postpone this and join the annual Mornington Meet on Saturday 30th October. Meeting at midday at Mornington Park, near the kids play area. Look out for the Scottish flag!

Hopefully everyone can make this date and that we get better weather.

Thanks

Danny.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived