Any advice on cars please??

mr luvpants

Hi all

I have been looking at cars recently on the net. We were set on buying a brand new one but with the exchange rate being terrible, we do not want to eat into too much of our house money. So can anyone offer me any advice as to what I should look for please? I am looking at spending around the $20K mark and would like something with low mileage(preferably under 40k kms) . I dont do small cars ( I am 6ft), I have been looking at the Mitsubishi 380 so something around that size would do.

Any advice would be greatfully recieved as I have no idea as to what to look for!Australia seems to have a lot of cars that we do not have over here.

JOHN

I know you said you don't do little cars but have a look at these...

Hyundai i30

We've got one on hire atm and they are a great car I'm over 6' and have loads of room.

plenty of room in he back for kids who are 15 and 12.

Plenty of boot space.

From only $19,990 drive away and brand new

Offers Details

i30

We've already decided this will be the car we buy

Howard

Guest guest30038
Have a look at these, new to Australia so i have not heard any reports about them.

http://www.greatwallmotors.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=21674

$24000 for family 4x4 seems a lot of car for the money?

There's plenty of low mileage used ones around which must say something :no:

Take a look at this.............small car with lots of interior room Nissan Tiida : Road Test : News & Reports : Motoring : Web Wombat

PIO members Andy&Yvonne have one 'cause he's a big bloke.

That said, ever since I let him drive my prado through sand dunes, he's kicking himself that he didn't get a fourby, so choose wisely John.

Personal opinion wanted? No? well you're gonna get it :biglaugh: The roads are crap here. You'll have chips in your paintwork within a couple of months, and don't forget, most cars sit out in the sun all day.............whatever you do don't buy a red one as the colour fades and peels for some reason, as do some shades of blue. Also, the moment you drive a newbie off the yard, you've lost 3 to 4 grand. Never bought new, never will. Bought the Prado for 16k (the most I've ever spent) and I've had 5 yrs out of it with only the clutch needing replacing, and it's still going good and will for another 100000k's

kev

What about a Kia Sportage?

Decent size inside & good space, and also a 4x4 softroader. We have the Sorento (just outside the 20k bracket for a reasonable one) and the KIA's are very reliable cars & not too expensive to run.

I wouldnt worry too much about the K's. anything below 80,000km's shouldn't really be a problem.

Archived