West of Melbourne

missshelly

Hi We have been in Canberra for 3 years and are moving to the West of Melbourne the Werribbee or surrounding areas, in around 6 weeks we are young middle 40s with grown up children in the UK are there any Brits in this area who would like to meet for drinks etc when we finally get there, and any advise on this area would be great.:wub:

Hi there, we lived in Wyndhamvale, which is beside Werribee, for a few months and afraid the area wasnt for us, but everyone is differrent so dont take too much into us not liking it.

Where we lived was in a very new area called Manor Lakes, the school had just opened when we were there and is still in the process of being having sections added to it as is going to be a straight through school (from reception right through to leaving age), so there is a lot of young families in this area and there are loads of new build properties as well. The area in general has everything you need as far as shops go, but nothing too fancy. We also found it lacked in what we would call nice places to eat out at and go from a drink. You will really need to research the sourounding areas of Werribee when you get there and have a GOOD look around and see what you think as I said before everyone is different in what they like. I have friends who moved over to the area 15 years ago and wouldnt dream of living anywhere else, that is why we went there really as we thought they have liked it there all these years, but it wasnt for us. We eventually decided to break our lease and moved down to Torquay, which is at the start of the Great Ocean Road, which is something you will defo need to do. I would recommed you take a few days to drive down it as its just amazing the scenery etc., lots of nice places to stop for coffee/lunch. If you have any specific questions you want to ask I will be more than happy to try and answer them. Also sure there will be others who are on here who can answer your questions, I know from past posts that there are a lot of expats in the Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes area, which by the way is a great area, but wasnt any use for us as I was based in Geelong.

Lorna

Guest geordielassinspain

Thank you for your post. We are moving to Melbourne in 4 weeks and will be working in Parkville. What is Point Cook like for teenagers- things to do, school etc. Also what is the drive to parkville like as google maps say 30min approx which is ok for me. Thanx!

Thank you for your post. We are moving to Melbourne in 4 weeks and will be working in Parkville. What is Point Cook like for teenagers- things to do, school etc. Also what is the drive to parkville like as google maps say 30min approx which is ok for me. Thanx!

Sorry cant really answer your questions, only ever visited the area, did look around the houses at Sanctuary Lakes when we first arrived and they were fab but it was too far for me to travel to Geelong, needed to take the train somedays as I didnt always have the car and there isnt a station there (I think nearest stations were at Hoppers Crossing & Werribee) and bus times didnt tie up with train times for me. The plazza (shopping centre) is great and they are still building. Point cook has a show house village which wasnt quite finished when we were looking but what we did see was good with lots of different ideas. I'm sure someone from Point Cook will be along soon to answer your questions soon. Hope you have a great time when you arrive, must be very exciting in your place at the moment, I remember that feeling well.

Lorna

Hi,

My OH's parents live in Werribbee and love it. I have been there a few times and have to say that the area is really growing on me. Its an up and coming area, and I suspect a good investment for the future. It has a beach (not great for swimming but very pleasant) and there are lots of coffee shops and restaurants opening up. Also has decent transport links to the CBD. Its also close to the gorgeous Williamstown which has a fantastic beach.

Archived