Advice regarding suburbs around Sutherland hospital

twinkletoes35

hi there!

I have been offered a job at the Sutherland hospital, we had not offically been looking at Sydney, but I am thinking about taking the job

Now the problem, I know nothing about the area, could anyone give me some advice about the surburbs, rentals etc. We hope to find somewhere for $350 per week.

Any advice would be much appreciated about housing transport or anything about the area to help us make a decision

Thanks

TT xx

Hi the Sutherland shires are great place to live, you have Miranda, Gymea, sutherland, Caringbah, woolooware, Cronulla, they are all within 5 to 10 mins from the beach, Local transport trains are all on ur door step and go right in to the city, one train all they way there, its about 45 mins from the city.

The Beaches are some of the best surfing beaches on the south coast.

Has for renting you might be lucky to get 1 bed flat for that but its very expensive place to live here, well worth a look though.

We have been here nearly 2 years and wouldnt move anywhere else. Look it up on the webb and look at the pics of the place. I fell in love with it as soon has we got here.

Hope this helps

Anita

Hi. We have lived in Sutherland Shire for 18 months and wholeheartedly agree with what Anita says. It is a lovely place to live, with some great suburbs. If you want to live around the hospital you need to be looking at Caringbah, Miranda, Cronulla, Yowie Bay, Gymea and about. Have a look on http://www.domain.com.au and Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au for an idea of the rental market. To be honest, depending on what you are looking at house/apartment wise, you might struggle in some of the areas, but there are other areas that are just as nice, just a bit further from the beach where your budget will stretch a bit further.

We are happy here, and wouldn't move anywhere else either. Sutherland Shire has the advantage of having everything you could need on your doorstep, far enough from the city to feel relaxed and more chilled, but close enough to the city to visit for shopping and days out without any real trauma!

If you need any other help, feel free to ask!

Archived