What is the best thing about your partner?

TheOptimist

All,

There are lots of gloomy things doing the rounds at the moment, both on here and out in the big bad world, so as others have been doing, I am attempting to get us to focus on the positive things in our life!

What are the best things about your partner\husband\wife? What are those little things they do which make you think that you are lucky?

For me, its easy. Steve is the most beautiful person I have ever met and has a way of encouraging me in everything that I do so that I feel that anything is possible. He is also so funny and dry that he makes me laugh every single day. He's a very talented guitar player which I find inspirational and he also happens to be incredibly sexy too!! Aren't I a lucky girl! :cool: Okay, so he could improve in the kitchen, and his tea making skills could do with some work, but we ain't perfect!

I could do with some cheering up at the mo, so would love you to share any anicdotes or list some of the things about your loved ones to help us realise that despite some rough times in the world that is migrating, that we are actually pretty lucky.

Over to you...

Kat

x

he is the best thing he is my best friend and everything i could ever want in a person, he is my world and even though his singing makes me want to put my head in the oven he is the only person in the world i ever want to be with

That's so lovely to hear - but LMAO at wanting to put his head in the oven when he sings! :biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

When i first met my wife 27 years ago she was 16 and still at school wearing the uniform and i think it is that what attracted me to her.

Its been downhill since then.

Only kidding.

Guest Noodle

His main strength is his patience and boy does he need plenty of it with me!!! We are opposites and therefore compliment each other in everyday situations and major decisions, I feel safe and he has given me confidence. xxx

Guest guest37336

Hi Katherine.

Ruth is one in a million, patient, understanding, funny, a shoulder to cry on. But when she's off her medication I can't tolerate her.:biglaugh:

Quentin on the other hand is warm, generous, very giving :chatterbox: and understands what a man wants.

I have the best of both worlds and long may it reign.

Cheers Tony:biglaugh:

Guest spongy42

aww after 18 yrs together hes my best friend my soul mate he makes me smile he would do anything for me well except learn how to dance! hes a fantastic daddy he brightens my day and i can only stay angry with him if he isnt in the same room i just lose the anger when i look into his eyes the sod !! he gives me hugs when i need them without being told oh and he does the ironing now what more do you want from a man well he's ex forces he was trained to iron i wasnt lol

His main strength is his patience and boy does he need plenty of it with me!!! We are opposites and therefore compliment each other in everyday situations and major decisions, I feel safe and he has given me confidence. xxx

Aww, thats cool Noodle, :cute: he sounds lovely!

aww after 18 yrs together hes my best friend my soul mate he makes me smile he would do anything for me well except learn how to dance! hes a fantastic daddy he brightens my day and i can only stay angry with him if he isnt in the same room i just lose the anger when i look into his eyes the sod !! he gives me hugs when i need them without being told oh and he does the ironing now what more do you want from a man well he's ex forces he was trained to iron i wasnt lol

I can relate to not being able to stay angry! Its so annoying (but great too!). Lovely post, you sound really happy. :yes:

Hi Katherine.

Ruth is one in a million, patient, understanding, funny, a shoulder to cry on. But when she's off her medication I can't tolerate her.:biglaugh:

Quentin on the other hand is warm, generous, very giving :chatterbox: and understands what a man wants.

I have the best of both worlds and long may it reign.

Cheers Tony:biglaugh:

What are you like Tony! :biglaugh:.

Guest sh7t man no way

the best thing about lesley is everything--sh7tman i could type for hours--but basically shes everything i want,and need in a person--im so lucky to have her in my life--i think thats where the saying comes from--i count my blessings every day-i just chuffin love her far to much,but it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good--shes watching heartbeat on the TV now,and im on here, im going to walk into the lounge,and give her a big kiss,and cuddle,and tell her how much i love her--when was the last time you did that members--go for it

the best thing about lesley is everything--sh7tman i could type for hours--but basically shes everything i want,and need in a person--im so lucky to have her in my life--i think thats where the saying comes from--i count my blessings every day-i just chuffin love her far to much,but it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good--shes watching heartbeat on the TV now,and im on here, im going to walk into the lounge,and give her a big kiss,and cuddle,and tell her how much i love her--when was the last time you did that members--go for it

And the prize for being the biggest PIO softy goes to....the Sh7tman :yes:. Aww. :wubclub:

:notworthy:

Guest sh7t man no way
And the prize for being the biggest PIO softy goes to....the Sh7tman :yes:. Aww. :wubclub:

:notworthy:

and im proud to have that prize---it feels good:wubclub:not so much the prize but the fact i can share my love for lesley with you guys:wubclub:

Guest Mrs Wrigles

Well what can I say my darling husband is like marmite you either love him or hate him and I invariably swing between the two!!! (only joking babe if you read this lol) :biggrin:That said I can only describe him as my saviour – without going into too much detail my previous marriage had ended and I was really struggling on my own with my then 5 year old son and with the crap from my ex husband but he came along and picked up the pieces (literally I was a mess emotionally) he was my rock and continues to be to this day.

We have been through a lot together in our 5 ½ years together – too many ups and downs that I care to remember to be honest – but through it all we have stood strong and we seem to get stronger the more life throws at us. :cute:

He really is my world, we have 2 wonderful children together and he is a fab step-dad to my eldest boy. He is kind and loving and understanding and when I am feeling down he always knows how to pick me up!! He is my best friend and confidant and trust him implicitly. He is also an old romantic and writes such lovely things in cards and letters – in fact just today we have been having a good old sort through some things and I found the note he wrote 4 years ago that he read to me when he proposed to me at Manchester airport when he came back from a trip to Australia – I had tears in my eyes reading it!!!

We have recently lodged my partner visa application and am soooo looking forward to starting a new life together in Australia.

I love him to bits that’s all I can say really and am looking forward to growing old with him xx :wub:

Well what can I say my darling husband is like marmite you either love him or hate him and I invariably swing between the two!!! (only joking babe if you read this lol) :biggrin:That said I can only describe him as my saviour – without going into too much detail my previous marriage had ended and I was really struggling on my own with my then 5 year old son and with the crap from my ex husband but he came along and picked up the pieces (literally I was a mess emotionally) he was my rock and continues to be to this day.

We have been through a lot together in our 5 ½ years together – too many ups and downs that I care to remember to be honest – but through it all we have stood strong and we seem to get stronger the more life throws at us. :cute:

He really is my world, we have 2 wonderful children together and he is a fab step-dad to my eldest boy. He is kind and loving and understanding and when I am feeling down he always knows how to pick me up!! He is my best friend and confidant and trust him implicitly. He is also an old romantic and writes such lovely things in cards and letters – in fact just today we have been having a good old sort through some things and I found the note he wrote 4 years ago that he read to me when he proposed to me at Manchester airport when he came back from a trip to Australia – I had tears in my eyes reading it!!!

We have recently lodged my partner visa application and am soooo looking forward to starting a new life together in Australia.

I love him to bits that’s all I can say really and am looking forward to growing old with him xx :wub:

Hey Mrs Wrigles (love the username).

That's gorgeous. I love reading happy real life stories and yours gets a big fat gold star from me :wubclub:

Best of luck with the Visa - I am in the process for one too. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly and that you will continue to have a great life down under. Thanks for sharing!

Guest siamsusie

I have been married to my gorgeous Australian for nearly 6 years now and I know I am blessed.

It's a second chance in my life which I never expected and he certainly is my best friend, lover,protector. He is intelligent and extremely well read (he would put most europeans to shame on history!) sensitive, kind but a hunky man.

We laugh 24/7 when we are together and the greatest compliment of all is that my grown up children are about to take his "surname".

I am definately in love with my Mr. Smiler.

Love Susie x

Guest stockies

Flaming hell where do I start with my OH, well hes obviously perfect cos he picked me....:biglaugh:

In all honesty, he really is perfect for me, He is such a kind warm hearted man,and has sooooo much patience with me (im not the easiest of people to live with) im a bit wild at times and he brings me back down to earth in the kindest of ways...........

He also has shown and giving me so much love, I never thought it was possible to love someone as much as I love him :wubclub::wubclub:

He is a brilliant Dad to his two boys ,and alot of how he is has rubbed off onto our two boys (good catch for girls in a few years time) !!:biggrin:

When we are not together I really do miss him (god im getting soft in my old age) I 'm so lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with him (if he can stand me for that long).:biglaugh:

Claire. xx

Guest guest30038
Give you A school uniform and you're anyones! :biglaugh:

I wondered why he went to and Acca Dacca concert?, I believe that he quite fancies Angus Young :biglaugh:

Archived