Emigrating to Melbourne- single, 2 kids, limited budget, but heaps of determination

Guest Ladyjady

Guest Ladyjady

I am planning to move to Melbourne with my 2 kids 14 and 10. Prob going to aim to move in Jan in time for a couple of weeks before the new school term.

I was hoping to move out, get temp accomodation then find somewhere part or fully furnished, however most of the properties on the market seem to be unfurnished.

I should be able to secure a job bringing in about $65- $75 basic (and then work my hind legs off to earn more) however will have minimum required to bring with me, I will be on a limited budget.

Any pointers in regards to good neighbourhoods (we are used to a rural village in UK but i need to be in reasonable distance of the CBD to reduce time away from kids) and also pointers in regards to either renting or furnishing on the cheap would be gratefully received.

Feel like I am rambling a bit, but this is a massive step, so need to make sure I have all eventualities thought out!

Also not worked out how to say thanks to threads- if anyone could help me on that too!... I've a long way to go, and not just airmiles!!!

Thanks guys,

Jade

Welcome Jade, Moving to Melbourne Kate may be able to help you with accommodation.

Melbourne is a very large city and you can live near the beach, far from the beach up in the hills all over the place really.

Here are some sites you can visit to have a look around

Home - Metlink - Your guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria transport site

realestate.com.au for rentals if you see a suburb you are interested in.

domain.com.au is the same a real estate site

Medicare Australia which gives you the information about our health service.

To live in a country area you would be living a long way out from the city centre.

Archived