Hung Parliament

melbournegirlinny

Guest JK2510

It certainly looks that way. Now the next guessing game begins! Will the SMPs ever be released? When will there be another change in processing system currently in place. It's enough to send you loopy!

Guest sh7t man no way

if its a hung parlement--does it revert back to the UK running australia-if so i think gorden brown should be the man for the job--he will get australia back on its feet for sure--im not very good at politics,but hes got to be better than a welsh lady:wideeyed:

It certainly looks that way. Now the next guessing game begins! Will the SMPs ever be released? When will there be another change in processing system currently in place. It's enough to send you loopy!

Good question on the SMPs! Would be nice if we just reverted to the old state lists and the Federal government didn't stick its nose into them!

I just saw another update on the ABC's website-will post that now. Looks like Chris Evans has held his seat :mad:

I know Abbot is on about cutting migration but does anybody know how he would this. He has said stop the boats but is he the sort of man who would cap and cease ? he wants skills so would he deal with applicants lodged fairly.

I heard his speech earlier and he seemed ok. Our agent feels it would be better for labor to win so that people will know where they are unfortunately we are cat 4 waiting to see if Hairdressing is on WA SMP.

Personally and selfishly I would rather someone gets in that doesnt decide its fair to keep changing the order and considers terminating valid applicants.

It will be an interesting few weeks.

Guest sh7t man no way

It has just been announced on SkyNews. It is a hung paliament:policeman:
what happens now then--thats got to be bad for the country--its like no ones in charge,so will it be a coalation then:shocked:if so how

Guest JK2510

Hi Shan 07

yes they do seem to have a problem with cooks and hairdressers don't they?

I think they need to have a period of 6-12 months where they only deal with applicants who have already lodged and perhaps DIAC should shut the doors to new cases in that time!

If I was looking to start the process to move to oz I would be very put off.

It will be interesting to see what effect the hung parliament will have on the exchange rate. Uncertainty and a lack of strong leadership tends to worry the markets and with the AUD already showing some signs of slipping due to investors retreating from the more risky currencies should be interesting.

:confused:

Guest spongebob

We are a new visa applicant family. we desperately want to migrate to OZ and have wanted to apply for 5 years but circumstances wouldn't allow but actively wanted to since last year. we have got our qualifications recognised and got ready to apply in Feb when it went wrong. We haven't spent thousands i agree in applying for visa's nor waited for years but we have waited nearly a year and age is not on our side. I want to go just as much as everyone else and don't see why we should not be given the chance to apply the same as everyone else. Why do people say close the doors on new applicants? Do my family not deserve to emigrate then? I think this is unfair and unjust, just because we missed the Feb MODL close date why should we be penalised? I am not sure whether a hung parliament or libs or lab or whom ever is the best to get in, but we deserve to apply to just as much as you all do.:arghh:

Whoever wins it looks like the greens will hold the balance of power and that means nothing much gets done.

The libs did control the senate for a short time but historically its never been controlled by the government and the people of Australia look to have a bet both ways, voting say lib in the lower house and greens in the Senate to stop any legislation they may not like.

Whatever the outcome immigration and asylum seekers will be on the agenda.

Guest JK2510

Hi.

I can't agree with you more. The

changes that have taken place since march 09,then sept 09 now July 10. The chances are there maybe more changes soon. There is a massive backlog of applicants as only a handful of visas have been granted since sept 09. DIAC have taken thousands of $$$ and sadly many may not get their visas. Not knowing what is going on and having your life on

hold isn't good for adults and children.

We have now put up with the 3 or 4 lot of changes (lost count)and are still no closer to getting our visa.

This is just my opinion. I don't think it's fair in DIAC taking money for something that will never materialise.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sandra

If you or any other Aussie should read this post, how can I find out about Senator Evans, please?

The APH website simply says that he represents "Western Australia."

Parliament of Australia:Senate:Senators:Senator the Hon*Christopher*Evans

So how does this work? Do all the Westralians vote for all the Westralian Senators or something?

I am confused because I don't know how to find out about the individual Senators whom I have seen on TV in their Senate Committees, like and want to find out how they have got on. (And what has happened to the ones I think the world should say "G'bye" to!)

I also want to know who in their right mind has voted for that clown Evans? :mad:

Many thanks

Gill

Hi Sandra

If you or any other Aussie should read this post, how can I find out about Senator Evans, please?

The APH website simply says that he represents "Western Australia."

Parliament of Australia:Senate:Senators:Senator the Hon*Christopher*Evans

So how does this work? Do all the Westralians vote for all the Westralian Senators or something?

I am confused because I don't know how to find out about the individual Senators whom I have seen on TV in their Senate Committees, like and want to find out how they have got on. (And what has happened to the ones I think the world should say "G'bye" to!)

I also want to know who in their right mind has voted for that clown Evans? :mad:

Many thanks

Gill

Hi Gill have a look at this

Australian Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The section on 'The membership of the senate' about 1/4 of the way down describes the way the Senate works is how I recall it.

Senators are elected for 6 years with half the senate getting re elected/elected every 3 years, so every 3 years 1/2 have to get re elected, if you know what I mean. If Chris Evans is from WA then all the people of WA can elect him, If they put a 1 in the box above the line on the ballot paper for his party and his party gets the right numbers then he is in, so if the voters want Labor in and he is Labors man then he gets in. If you wanted labour but not Chris Evans you have to number every box below the line and vote for him last

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill have a look at this

Australian Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The section on 'The membership of the senate' about 1/4 of the way down describes the way the Senate works is how I recall it.

Senators are elected for 6 years with half the senate getting re elected/elected every 3 years, so every 3 years 1/2 have to get re elected, if you know what I mean. If Chris Evans is from WA then all the people of WA can elect him, If they put a 1 in the box above the line on the ballot paper for his party and his party gets the right numbers then he is in, so if the voters want Labor in and he is Labors man then he gets in. If you wanted labour but not Chris Evans you have to number every box below the line and vote for him last

Hi Wakeboard

Very, very many thanks to you for explaining this.

This is all blerdy complicated if you ask me. But they want to introduce a similar system in the UK. apparently. :shocked:

I don't think so. It is too flamin' difficult, I reckon. :no:

Cheers

Gill

yeh it does seem very complicated, the minor parties seem to get elected to the senate a lot easier and i think they have the power, and have blocked things in the past. Dont know how it works that you have senators that are the ministers for certain things.

Glad to have helped one of the most knowledgable people oh here hahaha :wink::wink:

Pat

Guest guest33730

Is it just me or do the words 'hung' and 'parliament' in the same sentence bring a wishful smile to anyone else??

Daniel

Archived