14 mnths left

the hutchies

we have 14 months left on our PR visa before it runs out.... circumstances have held us back but fingers crossed once we have talked the kids round to go....( who were all for it ) we hope to be there pretty soon .....

thing is ..... jobs... i haven't been in touch with things because i thought the move wouldn't happen... but hopefully its on an i now wonder if the construction industry in Vic is still booming..also i am thinking about enrolling for beauty therapy course to help my prospects of gaining employment ... any helpful replies would be appreciated xx

Guest cazbeckham

How come you have a PR visa that runs out. IF it is not validated I thought you only got a year from the date of your meds/police checks to validate visas to come out here??????

I thought a PR visa was for life.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think the validation has taken place already, i don't read that it hasn't, just that the 5 years is nearly up.

We validated our 175 PR visas in april and have until november 2014 to emigrate. we are struggling to make the final push to go.

Our kids don't want to go either and as far as i am concerned they are just kids and its the adults that have to make adult decisions. Yes, it would be better if they wanted to go, but what do they know about life, very little. I don't buy into this rubbish that they might resent you forever because you took them away from their family and friends, its hard enough making such a difficult decision without emotional blackmail from your kids and your family. Do what you think is best for yourselves and i am sure your kids will come around eventually, if not when they become adults they can make their own decisions where they want to live.

Best of luck.

Once the PR is issued, it has to be validated within 12 months, then you have the rest of the five years to make your move over.

I just wanted to check that they had done this. I haven't read that they have or they haven't. I was just checking. Hope that's ok!:wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Once the PR is issued, it has to be validated within 12 months, then you have the rest of the five years to make your move over.

I just wanted to check that they had done this. I haven't read that they have or they haven't. I was just checking. Hope that's ok!:wubclub:

Hi Buddysmum

i wasn't belittling what you said, in fact they might not have validated, so its a valid point.:wink:

I think the validation has taken place already, i don't read that it hasn't, just that the 5 years is nearly up.

We validated our 175 PR visas in april and have until november 2014 to emigrate. we are struggling to make the final push to go.

Our kids don't want to go either and as far as i am concerned they are just kids and its the adults that have to make adult decisions. Yes, it would be better if they wanted to go, but what do they know about life, very little. I don't buy into this rubbish that they might resent you forever because you took them away from their family and friends, its hard enough making such a difficult decision without emotional blackmail from your kids and your family. Do what you think is best for yourselves and i am sure your kids will come around eventually, if not when they become adults they can make their own decisions where they want to live.

Ref OP, I would say that the more quals the better so would definately do any training necessary to widen your chances of getting jobs. Worth checking though that they would be recognised in Oz as well. I get the impression that construction is still doing well in Melbourne certainly. May be an idea to get more of an in-depth feel to post on Britvics.org. Our kids are still young and are quite up for it (when we asked the 5 year old what he wanted to do one afternoon he said he wanted to go to Oz - this being despite having been there twice and him knowing how long the journey is!)

Best of luck.

Am in very similar position. We validated last July and have until December 2014 on the PR. With us it's the exchange rate and deadlines just seem to be going back and back. Not sure if this is all "meant to be" but OH is adamant we should go, but nailing down a when is proving very difficult. Exchange rate being pants is the main issue.

Ref OP, I would say that the more quals the better so would definately do any training necessary to widen your chances of getting jobs. Worth checking though that they would be recognised in Oz as well. I get the impression that construction is still doing well in Melbourne certainly. May be an idea to get more of an in-depth feel to post on Britvics.org. Our kids are still young and are quite up for it, in fact when we asked the 5 year old what he wanted to do one afternoon he said he wanted to go to Oz - this being despite having been there twice and him knowing how long the journey is!. The older one's schooling, although only 9, is starting to become a bit more serious so we need to move or at least make a decision sooner or later. Best of luck.

No advice re jobs, sorry.

I can see us being in a similar situation tbh with it 'running out'. I'd like to get there with 24mths left at least as you never know what life throws at you so i'd want to be eligeable for a RRV - I'm guessing you're just going to take the risk that once you arrive you won't need to take a trip home or want a holiday for a while?

Like others we validated this year and our PR expires 2014. We have decided not to more with the current exchange rate.

No advice re jobs, sorry.

I can see us being in a similar situation tbh with it 'running out'. I'd like to get there with 24mths left at least as you never know what life throws at you so i'd want to be eligeable for a RRV - I'm guessing you're just going to take the risk that once you arrive you won't need to take a trip home or want a holiday for a while?

Like others we validated this year and our PR expires 2014. We have decided not to more with the current exchange rate.

God, there's quite a few of us in the same position on the same timescales. Nightmare.

thanks guys...we validated just before the deadline for validation too so i suppose you could say we like to take it to the end:daydreaming:...also unsure whether to rent the house out here or sell and cut ties....but again i'm worried IF things didn't work out we wouldn't get back on the housing ladder..

thanks again peeps and good luck with all your plans xx

Lisa:wubclub:

Archived