RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Blossom79,

I applied on 29/6/12 at perth office but have not got any CO yet. My employer emailed immigration office many times but no reply yet. I am really worried now as everyone on this forum have atleast got a CO. What do you think Is it normal? What should I do?

Try phoning rather than emailing. Some cos don't email to introduce themselves, so you may very well have one already.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, i must share my joyness with you. Finally visa granted today!!!!

Here is my timeframe

28/6/2012 Lodged nomination

17/3/2013 Lodged visa application

25/6/2013 CO requested documents for visa, nomination still pending

7/7/2013 Submitted all requested documents

9/8/2013 Nomination approved as ICT Business Analyst, but I was nominated as Accountant.

13/8/2013 Visa case officer contacted me that unfortunitely he has to turn down my visa because of the nomination!!! I thought it's the end.

Now you may wonder why the visa still approved. To begin with, I just want to say, please do not go for any MA. Hope is better controlled on your hand than others. Take me for example, I believe if I had done it with a MA, I wouldn't be here telling you my experience.

After the phone call with CO, I was so depressed and didn't know what I can do, so I contacted the nimination case officer about my situation to see if she could do anything me- got response that once decision is done, then it is done. Only thing I can do is to restart the whoel process over again. After 5 attempts of phone call, she finally agreed will pass her manager's contact information to me.

I contacted nomination manager about the overlapping of occupations. My job is accounting system consultant which covers both accountant and ICT business analyst, and sadly Nomination CO believe it is more Business Analyst than Accountant. I was wondering if they have special provision for a position in a gray area, who confirmed they don't, but in this case it will be up to visa CO. In general they assess visa applicant's qualification against ANZSCO, but in few cases they may assess it against job description provided by the nominator if they have enough grounds to believe this is the better approach. Anyway, the manager said he will talk to the manager of my case officer to see what they can do, and I am happy with the result.

Or if you used a migration agent they might have made sure you applied under the right occupation in the first place. They also would have known that they can still issue the visa as long as the new job title they believe you fall under is not a lower level job. Might have saved you all that stress.

congrats sneh, sasalli

sasalli can you please share ur occupation

guys good onya, hopefully i get my visa soon same like you waiting from 15 mth. got CO in april and submitted docs in may, till now no news

praying hard

celebrate hard mates

cheers

Thank you kayes49,my occupation is Accountant

God, i must share my joyness with you. Finally visa granted today!!!!

Here is my timeframe

28/6/2012 Lodged nomination

17/3/2013 Lodged visa application

25/6/2013 CO requested documents for visa, nomination still pending

7/7/2013 Submitted all requested documents

9/8/2013 Nomination approved as ICT Business Analyst, but I was nominated as Accountant.

13/8/2013 Visa case officer contacted me that unfortunitely he has to turn down my visa because of the nomination!!! I thought it's the end.

Now you may wonder why the visa still approved. To begin with, I just want to say, please do not go for any MA. Hope is better controlled on your hand than others. Take me for example, I believe if I had done it with a MA, I wouldn't be here telling you my experience.

After the phone call with CO, I was so depressed and didn't know what I can do, so I contacted the nimination case officer about my situation to see if she could do anything me- got response that once decision is done, then it is done. Only thing I can do is to restart the whoel process over again. After 5 attempts of phone call, she finally agreed will pass her manager's contact information to me.

I contacted nomination manager about the overlapping of occupations. My job is accounting system consultant which covers both accountant and ICT business analyst, and sadly Nomination CO believe it is more Business Analyst than Accountant. I was wondering if they have special provision for a position in a gray area, who confirmed they don't, but in this case it will be up to visa CO. In general they assess visa applicant's qualification against ANZSCO, but in few cases they may assess it against job description provided by the nominator if they have enough grounds to believe this is the better approach. Anyway, the manager said he will talk to the manager of my case officer to see what they can do, and I am happy with the result.

First of all, I would like to congrats your visa been granted. I am having a very similar case which is almost the same as yours . I have been recently informed by my CO that my employer's nomination been rejected and my application will be very likely to be rejected as well. I was so desperate until I read your post. Would you mind to give me some more details on the process that lead you have your visa granted and what happened after the manager talked to the manager of your CO. The information you provide is very helpful and your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

First of all, I would like to congrats your visa been granted. I am having a very similar case which is almost the same as yours . I have been recently informed by my CO that my employer's nomination been rejected and my application will be very likely to be rejected as well. I was so desperate until I read your post. Would you mind to give me some more details on the process that lead you have your visa granted and what happened after the manager talked to the manager of your CO. The information you provide is very helpful and your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

SASASA,

Once the nomination has been Refused/Rejected... There is no possibility that the Visa will be granted, you need an approved nomination in order to have hope for a visa grant. You will be given option to either withdraw your visa application or it will be refused as well... That is from my personal experience.

Hi Sasas, you could try, who knows what will happen, but don't get your hope up. We contacted Immi 5 tiimes and get different answers for the nomination.

Nomination Case Officer: once decision is made, there is nothing they can do.

Receptionist: Nomination can be recified

Nomination Manager: once decision is made, nothing they can do

Visa case officer: Nomination Manager can override nomination

But I think Savanah is right that once nomination is rejected, you cannot do anything.

One of my friends got the message below from the immigration department.

Regional Sponsored visa applicants – please note:

In the skilled stream, of which your visa application is a part, priority processing arrangements and Migration Program planning levels have been designed to ensure the Australian economy gets the skills it needs now. The Migration Program planning levels for the visa category, Regional Sponsored, has a limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This will mean processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available. Until that time, I cannot guarantee that your application will be decided in the immediate term, nor can I give an indication as to the likely timeframe. You can be assured, however, that the department will contact you when we are ready to finalise your visa application.

When contacting your allocated case officer, please ensure you put your case officer's name, the primary applicant's full name, date of birth and either the file reference number or Transaction Reference Number or Request ID in the subject line of the email.

It seems that the quota for this year is almost full. I applied on 27th June. Don't know how long I will be waiting.

If that is the case, I may withdraw my application. It's already been 14 months for me without a job waiting for the visa. :sad:

In the skilled stream, of which your visa application is a part, priority processing arrangements and Migration Program planning levels have been designed to ensure the Australian economy gets the skills it needs now. The Migration Program planning levels for the visa category, Regional Sponsored, has a limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This will mean processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the department cannot grant any application until the following program year, unless more visa places become available. Until that time, I cannot guarantee that your application will be decided in the immediate term, nor can I give an indication as to the likely timeframe. You can be assured, however, that the department will contact you when we are ready to finalise your visa application.

When contacting your allocated case officer, please ensure you put your case officer's name, the primary applicant's full name, date of birth and either the file reference number or Transaction Reference Number or Request ID in the subject line of the email.

It seems that the quota for this year is almost full. I applied on 27th June. Don't know how long I will be waiting.

:(

I written in earlier posts regarding this bottleneck and resulting wait times due to program planning levels. RSMS is facing long delays due to last rush of June 2012.

Hi Blossom it's a long story. Making it short....I completed my Masters there in OZ, while waiting for a 485 decision I got a fulltime job where I was offered sponsorship too. Before they apply for RSMS, a decision was made on my 485 which was negative. I had only 21 days to go for MRT or 28 days to depart. My RSMS visa was lodged without going for MRT, So the application turned out to be an invalid one. I had neither bridging visa nor 28 days time. I came back home, my company lodged 187 again while i am offshore. That's how I don't have job now.

How come you do you not have a job waiting for your visa??

I have got several opportunities, however all the roles I had been offered were critical to the company and they asked me to sign 3 years contract and they will retain my original documents until my contract ends. I thought it would be difficult to get out of it if I get my visa approved before that.

You didn't manage to get a job in your home country?

My timeline as below:

RCB applied: 16/05/13

RCB Granted: 31/05/13

Nomination Submit: 25/06/13 (Decision Ready)

187 Application Submit: 25/07/13

No news for case officer allocation, how to find it out???? My MA just provided login for visa application and I do not have the access for my nomination.

Accountant

Perth

My timeline as below:

RCB applied: 16/05/13

RCB Granted: 31/05/13

Nomination Submit: 25/06/13 (Decision Ready)

187 Application Submit: 25/07/13

No news for case officer allocation, how to find it out???? My MA just provided login for visa application and I do not have the access for my nomination.

Accountant

Perth

Lyc, I called DIAC and the customer service officer advised me.

But she did not revealed my CO's details.

Hi..

Why you didin't apply 187 visa offshore? Did your 485 been rejected or just invalid? If invalid, you can still apply it onshore like me. However, if it was been rejected, yes, you don't have other choice but apply it offshore.

Hi Blossom it's a long story. Making it short....I completed my Masters there in OZ, while waiting for a 485 decision I got a fulltime job where I was offered sponsorship too. Before they apply for RSMS, a decision was made on my 485 which was negative. I had only 21 days to go for MRT or 28 days to depart. My RSMS visa was lodged without going for MRT, So the application turned out to be an invalid one. I had neither bridging visa nor 28 days time. I came back home, my company lodged 187 again while i am offshore. That's how I don't have job now.

PR GRANTED TODAY...

A lot of dramas....in November 2012, My 485 visa been deemed as invalid and I must left Australia within 28 days, unless I apply for another eligible visa, fortunately, my employer didn't want me to go home. So They decided to sponsor me ( They never did it before, because it is a Internal Government agency). After applied 187 and acknowledge as valid visa, I went home just 10 days after i apply this visa, and another big Drama when I was in Darwin Airport, The airport immigration said that I didn't have any valid visa, nor the bridging visa and I even have been stay unlawful for 5 days in Australia. And I must depart Australia straight away.

How frustrated I was. My employer was so shock as well. How come be like that. Before, i went home, I went to immigration office and ask the officer about it, and the officer said that i have bridging B Visa so, I can go to my country. After 5 weeks, my lawyer tried to short it off and I came back to Australia with TOURIST VISA ( just to bring me back). and then the department granted me bridging C once i am in Australia, Waiting for about 8 months, And Today my visa is Granted.

PR GRANTED TODAY...

A lot of dramas....in November 2012, My 485 visa been deemed as invalid and I must left Australia within 28 days, unless I apply for another eligible visa, fortunately, my employer didn't want me to go home. So They decided to sponsor me ( They never did it before, because it is a Internal Government agency). After applied 187 and acknowledge as valid visa, I went home just 10 days after i apply this visa, and another big Drama when I was in Darwin Airport, The airport immigration said that I didn't have any valid visa, nor the bridging visa and I even have been stay unlawful for 5 days in Australia. And I must depart Australia straight away.

How frustrated I was. My employer was so shock as well. How come be like that. Before, i went home, I went to immigration office and ask the officer about it, and the officer said that i have bridging B Visa so, I can go to my country. After 5 weeks, my lawyer tried to short it off and I came back to Australia with TOURIST VISA ( just to bring me back). and then the department granted me bridging C once i am in Australia, Waiting for about 8 months, And Today my visa is Granted.

sounds like a lot of drama but all is well that ends well yea?

Congrats Rania!