Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys.. One more holiday this Thursday Queen birthday..:(

Ohhhh dear, I'm guessing you are not in Australia.

This holiday is for Anzac Day (google it).

The queens birthday holiday is in June (although that is only her official birthday, not her actual one).

Hi guys,

Any one knows what "in progress" means exactly? My visa status has been showing "in progress" for weeks and I don't know if it means something.

Here is my timeline

28.6.2012 lodge nomination with Perth office, Non-DRC

23.7.2012 receive acknowledge letter

17.3.2013 lodge visa application though haven't heard anything from nomination. Status is application received.

6.4.2013 login eVisa and find status has been changed to in progress.

Does that mean I am allocated a co and co is waitinf for the result of nomination? Actually I was well prepared for the long wating but the status pretty confuses me.

Hi guys,

Any one knows what "in progress" means exactly? My visa status has been showing "in progress" for weeks and I don't know if it means something.

Here is my timeline

17.3.2013 lodge visa application though haven't heard anything from nomination. Status is application received.

Does that mean I am allocated a co and co is waitinf for the result of nomination? Actually I was well prepared for the long wating but the status pretty confuses me.

Intersting that your status has been "In progress" for weeks. I would have thought that once the status changes from "Application received" to "In progress" that it would indicate that a case officer has been allocated to your file. My nomination and visa were lodged together (non-DRC) to the Melbourne office on 11 September and both still show "Application received". I only check it about 50 times a day... :/

It would make me feel heaps better to see that mine were "In progress". At least mentally it would give me some peace of mind that something is happening with my application...

Just some timeline info to share.

A colleague of mine had his 187 visa granted yesterday. It was DRC, submitted on 21/12/12 in Perth. I was only a couple of months behind him in the process so hopefully that bears well for me.

Oh that finally is music to my ears. We are DRC, Dec 2012 Perth as well so fingers & toes crossed!!!!!

Congrats!!! I am still waiting for some good news...

RSMS 187 Visa Approved!

At long last!

Appiled DRC in Parramatta on 25th Sept 2012. Low risk country

Nomination approved first then visa approved 1 hour later

Best of luck to all :-)

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know what the actual process is for your application once it has been lodged right up until it has been issued to a case officer?

I ask because I spoke to Immigration about my application, and they said it had yet to be issued a case officer, but they thought it would be very soon as he could see a few people had recently viewed it.

I was just wondering what would they be viewing? Is there, for example, a 5-step process in which one person checks this, another person checks another bit and so on?

It is mainly out of curiosity, wondering what is happening to my little application the past 10.5 months!!

​Thanks :)

:biggrin:Thats interesting I applied a week before and status shows in progress for nomination and visa application since next day

Intersting that your status has been "In progress" for weeks. I would have thought that once the status changes from "Application received" to "In progress" that it would indicate that a case officer has been allocated to your file. My nomination and visa were lodged together (non-DRC) to the Melbourne office on 11 September and both still show "Application received". I only check it about 50 times a day... :/ It would make me feel heaps better to see that mine were "In progress". At least mentally it would give me some peace of mind that something is happening with my application...

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know what the actual process is for your application once it has been lodged right up until it has been issued to a case officer?

I ask because I spoke to Immigration about my application, and they said it had yet to be issued a case officer, but they thought it would be very soon as he could see a few people had recently viewed it.

I was just wondering what would they be viewing? Is there, for example, a 5-step process in which one person checks this, another person checks another bit and so on?

It is mainly out of curiosity, wondering what is happening to my little application the past 10.5 months!!

​Thanks :)

That seems to fit with my theory that they have a big pile which the cos sift through until they find themselves a nice easy file.

Congrats... Could you plz share your timeline??

Parramatta 857 DIY Application without MA (Non-decision Ready) - High Risk Country

RCB Approved 28 June 2012

Nomination & Visa Application Lodged 29 June 2012

Acknowledgement Letter Issued 21 August 2012

Health Examination Informed 23 October 2012

Health Examination Completed 30 October 2012

Case Officer Allocated with Nomination Approved 16 April 2013

Visa Granted 22 April 2013

Straight up, no hassle...

That seems to fit with my theory that they have a big pile which the cos sift through until they find themselves a nice easy file.

Just to share a little bit insight told by my mate who is an overseas student working at Sydney Centre, DIAC has 2 crews taking care of pre-July cases and cases after that respectively for better processing efficiency, as they are assessed in different criterias. Thus, post-June cases can be approved earlier than the other. And each crew groups cases by occupation, reputation of agent and region of emplotment, etc. Within the same conditions and lodgement time, decision-ready cases will be prioritized. The reason why low risk country cases are faster is that Australia has ETA with these countries, sharing the same database to fast-track the applicant's personal information.

Thanks eaglet, that is very interesting, especially the reputation of agent bit. When mine phoned up to ask if my file had been counted at drc they said no, it was a mistake, they would now process it as drc. One hour later I had a co, an hour after that a visa. I'm guessing he must have a very good reputation then.

Hi guys,

Here is my timeline

Hi Suzyn

If you click on the little question mark next to 'In progress' a window pops up listing the following statuses

------------------------

Application received

The application has been received and is awaiting lodgement.

In Progress

The application has been received and is awaiting assessment.

Finalised

The application has been lodged and assessed.

------------------------

My visa application has been 'In progress' from the time I had started submitting documents.....which must have been after I received the acknowledgement.

So I would not read too much into these statuses. Just hope and pray it changes to 'FINALISED' !!!!!!! For everyones mental health I wish that happens soon!!

Cheers

kkk666