RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Glad to hear that alfredv, hopefully you get some news

Here are the updates

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 July 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 29 August 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 1 September 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 September 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 12 December 2011.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all

i am cook. my employer wants to sponsor me under RSMS scheme.application was lodged with regional body for approval on 21/12/11. received refusal letter on 13/02/12 says "cook is a level 3 position and require cert 3 only. to be sponsored under RSMS scheme position has to be diploma level or higher".i am on 485 visa which is expiring soon please help thank you

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread now for the last 5 months. I lodged my 857 application at Parramatta and received confirmation on the 6th of Sept.

As I am on a bridging visa I am still on the conditions of my old visa - 6 months work restriction - so I sent a form to immingration asking to waiver this. They replied saying I would have to prove financial hardship. Does anyone know what is classed as financial hardship?

I could easily work from home and just work for no pay although my partner and I live 3 hours apart now so I am still paying rent on my own. I am so worried that i am going to lose my job if I have to take too much time of unpaid leave.... I have sent off all the necessary medicals and police checks so I hope that when they get to my application I won't be asked for too much extra information.

My application has been certified by the Regional Certifying Body, how normal is it for applications to not be approved?

Any words of encouragement would be great...need to eliminate stress....

Thanks in advance :)

hi all

i am cook. my employer wants to sponsor me under RSMS scheme.application was lodged with regional body for approval on 21/12/11. received refusal letter on 13/02/12 says "cook is a level 3 position and require cert 3 only. to be sponsored under RSMS scheme position has to be diploma level or higher".i am on 485 visa which is expiring soon please help thank you

Hi pkb84,

Your comment is really interesting. I am planning to apply for RSMS as Cook soon.

I read Booklet 5, and it says below.

I presume that many people, cook and hair dresser etc, applied for RSMS by now, and granted....

P.22

• Skill level 3 and 4 occupations do not generally require a diploma and can only be approved under exceptional appointment provisions;

Employers who are seeking approval of occupations with a skill level 3–4, that are not

in ‘Group 3 – Technicians and trades workers’, must provide a detailed submission

explaining why they believe the appointment should be approved as exceptional.

P.26

Your qualifications are assessed at visa application stage. If you do not hold a relevant

diploma then your skills will need to be assessed under the exceptional circumstance

provisions.

If the employer nomination was approved as an exceptional appointment for a

technicians or trade occupation you will not need to provide further justification under

the exceptional circumstance provisions if you hold:

• an Australian diploma that is relevant to the appointment; or

• an Australian trade qualification that is required by a relevant federal, state or territory

industrial training legislation or award and includes formal training and on-the-job

training; or

• an AQF Certificate III; or

• an equivalent overseas trade qualification (as assessed by AEI-NOOSR Country

Educational Profile).

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread now for the last 5 months. I lodged my 857 application at Parramatta and received confirmation on the 6th of Sept.

As I am on a bridging visa I am still on the conditions of my old visa - 6 months work restriction - so I sent a form to immingration asking to waiver this. They replied saying I would have to prove financial hardship. Does anyone know what is classed as financial hardship?

I could easily work from home and just work for no pay although my partner and I live 3 hours apart now so I am still paying rent on my own. I am so worried that i am going to lose my job if I have to take too much time of unpaid leave.... I have sent off all the necessary medicals and police checks so I hope that when they get to my application I won't be asked for too much extra information.

My application has been certified by the Regional Certifying Body, how normal is it for applications to not be approved?

Any words of encouragement would be great...need to eliminate stress....

Thanks in advance :)

i could be in the same situation but my work would really struggle with out me could this be a reason for them to wave it.

i could be in the same situation but my work would really struggle with out me could this be a reason for them to wave it.

Hi Rocky,

Apparently not, after i had sent form 1005 to waiver restriction and received an e-mail saying that the only way to waiver restriction is to prove financial hardship... if you are currently working then it is difficult to prove this. My HR manager also sent a request to waiver and received back the same information. I then today had a conversation with someone who works in the Paramatta processing centre, he said to me that again, i would have to prove financial hardship.

I kind of got the impression that my employer would look at letting me take un paid leave but even if you are on unpaid leave... does this still count as employment i.e. you would still be on the books etc...

I know that my empolyer really wants to keep me in the job so I will jsut have to hope that taking unpaid leave counts enough towards complying with the restriction.

I have sent everything off (medicals, police checks, form 80, everything i could think of!) so i hope hat when they get to my application it shouldn't take too long! I think having the Christmas and New Year break through the duration of the process doesn't give the greatest time advantage!

Its also hard beacuse i am nearly due to renew my rental lease and i really need to upgrade my car. Ah well you can but wait I suppose, just trying to keep extra busy at work to take my mind off it.

Good luck with your application and keep me posted!

could be interesting for me i have a government job and im the only one that does what i do. its not like someone can do the job while im not allowed to work and my bridging visa runs out in the busiest time of year. If this were to happen the whole building could potentially stop or stuff could get cancelled. I cant even take a annual leave off when i want due to lack of people being able to do what i do hence the sponsorship

will find out soon enough!

good luck BLB

Guest SophieAnn

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long 119 decision ready applications are taking at the moment? I lodged to Parramatta office on 29th December 2011, received acknowledgment of receipt on 3rd Jan 2012 and I have been assigned a case officer as of 14th Feb. Is this kind of timeline normal for decision ready? The immi website suggests you should have a decision after 3 weeks from lodgement?!

Hi SophieAnn,

Your timeline is similar to mine, I lodged decision ready at Melbourne on the 28th December, received receipt on 10th of Jan. However my migration agent informed me last week that my file has been re-allocated to Sydney!I have no idea why this is...I'm hoping just because Melbourne have a backlog and nothing more serious. I haven't heard that I have a CO yet :( but my medicals etc were all included so I might not get told...I'm not sure!

Hopefully we hear something soon...keep us updated!

Jo

BLB

Im in the same situation where parramatta has all my paper work. How long you been waiting?

I received acknowledgement from Parramatta on 6th September. I forget when the regional certifying body approved the application, just before I lodged my application! Like i said i have sent all police checks and medicals with my application.

Our MA has not enough knowledge about rsms bz he is a business lawyer , so he said if u interested then he could contact to CO to getting info about my apication status. Plz advise me we should contact to co or not. I am currently living in aus on student visa and my visa is going to finish in first week of march, so am really stressed. Why CO taking to much time. Is that normal or unusual.

Guest wearytraveller

Dear all,

I was on a student visa 573 (just done with my masters). I was employed just after I had finished my Masters. My employer and me had decided to go for RSMS 857 visa option. It is a small business firm and he has obtained regional certification which will enable him to nominate me for RSMS.

We(me and boss) have agreed to split the visa costs (I am returning the money in parts to my boss from my salary). The employer has submitted his nomination for approval two weeks back. No reply yet from DIAC. My visa is about to expire on the 15th of March. I am a bit anxious about the fact that only 20 more days are there. My boss tells me he will pay in the first week of March. The attorney feels that we have time till the 10th of March.

One quick question. I have a OHSC- student health cover. My friend told me that I will be eligible for medicare cover once I am in bridging visa (as RSMS entitles medical cover). I am not quite sure though. SHould I get a private health cover for the bridging visa period.

thank you in advance.

regards,

Our MA has not enough knowledge about rsms bz he is a business lawyer , so he said if u interested then he could contact to CO to getting info about my apication status. Plz advise me we should contact to co or not. I am currently living in aus on student visa and my visa is going to finish in first week of march, so am really stressed. Why CO taking to much time. Is that normal or unusual.

Hi I am not an expert, but from talking to my MA and reading here for few months I think the general advice is not to contact the CO! But if you are in a risk Of running out of time I would send VERY polite email to the CO expressing your concerns.. That's my opinion :-)

try not to stress out too much, it can take anything from 1 day to few weeks for CO to make the decision

Is there no bridging visa you could go on in the mean time? Your MA should advice you on this

Guest SophieAnn
Hi SophieAnn,

Your timeline is similar to mine, I lodged decision ready at Melbourne on the 28th December, received receipt on 10th of Jan. However my migration agent informed me last week that my file has been re-allocated to Sydney!I have no idea why this is...I'm hoping just because Melbourne have a backlog and nothing more serious. I haven't heard that I have a CO yet :( but my medicals etc were all included so I might not get told...I'm not sure!

Hopefully we hear something soon...keep us updated!

Jo

Yeah I had all my medicals etc included with my application too. I've been quite pushy with my MA to follow up my status (I literally emailed her once a week with 'quotes' from the immi website, maybe a little too pushy...) It took 2 weeks for her to follow up and a week to get a response from the DIAC to tell us we had been allocated a CO. Apparently, in her experience, it is currently taking RSMS applications between 4-12 weeks (from lodgement) to be granted.

I say you should definitely request a status update. Obviously we don't want to clog up the RSMS system anymore than I'm sure it already is, but it will put your mind at rest to know someone is looking at your case.

Let us know how you get on :)

Hi I am not an expert, but from talking to my MA and reading here for few months I think the general advice is not to contact the CO! But if you are in a risk Of running out of time I would send VERY polite email to the CO expressing your concerns.. That's my opinion :-)

try not to stress out too much, it can take anything from 1 day to few weeks for CO to make the decision

Is there no bridging visa you could go on in the mean time? Your MA should advice you on this

Hi Katerina,

Just thought you would be a good person on this forum to ask for advice. I am working on for my employer and i am waiting to complete the process of 857 rsms visa.

Basically as i am on the conditions of my old visa I have a six month work restriction. As my six months in nearly up my employer is wondering what will happen as i won't be able to work until a decision has been made. My job is funded by the state governmnet through a local government and my HR told me they are not sure I can take unpaid leave as they have a requiremnet to fill the role with someone. My HR manager and myslef have contacted immigration and the only way to waiver my work restriction is to prove financial hardship, which i can't as i am working. I also need to renew the rent on my house! Do you think these are good grounds to conatct case officer?

Yesterday I spoke to someone who told me my case has been given to a case officer and gave me her e-mail address. However, i only know that because the guy i spoke to at Parramatta told me, however my case officer hasn't been in touch. Do you think it is best just to wait a while until i contact my case officer. I am so worried i will have waited all this time only to run out of time! I don't want to pester them! i get scared i will do something of detreiment to my application!

Looking at past threads you seem to have good advice. How is your application going? good luck and thanks in advance

Hi Katerina,

Just thought you would be a good person on this forum to ask for advice. I am working on for my employer and i am waiting to complete the process of 857 rsms visa.

Basically as i am on the conditions of my old visa I have a six month work restriction. As my six months in nearly up my employer is wondering what will happen as i won't be able to work until a decision has been made. My job is funded by the state governmnet through a local government and my HR told me they are not sure I can take unpaid leave as they have a requiremnet to fill the role with someone. My HR manager and myslef have contacted immigration and the only way to waiver my work restriction is to prove financial hardship, which i can't as i am working. I also need to renew the rent on my house! Do you think these are good grounds to conatct case officer?

Yesterday I spoke to someone who told me my case has been given to a case officer and gave me her e-mail address. However, i only know that because the guy i spoke to at Parramatta told me, however my case officer hasn't been in touch. Do you think it is best just to wait a while until i contact my case officer. I am so worried i will have waited all this time only to run out of time! I don't want to pester them! i get scared i will do something of detreiment to my application!

Looking at past threads you seem to have good advice. How is your application going? good luck and thanks in advance

Thanks BLB, as I said before I am not an expert! How much time do you have? Was your application DRC? Most people on here who had DRC application had decision in few days. I got an email saying that we will have CO this week and that CO will be in touch within 1 week if additional info is needed, so I think they either ask for the extra info or approve it in 1 week , so maybe wait a week and if you hear nothing send very polite email

sorry I can't help much

good luck and let us know how did you get on

Thanks BLB, as I said before I am not an expert! How much time do you have? Was your application DRC? Most people on here who had DRC application had decision in few days. I got an email saying that we will have CO this week and that CO will be in touch within 1 week if additional info is needed, so I think they either ask for the extra info or approve it in 1 week , so maybe wait a week and if you hear nothing send very polite email

sorry I can't help much

good luck and let us know how did you get on

Thanks for your quick reply! I have 4 weeks until i have been in my job 6 months. I didn't send a DRC (wish I had now) but i have submitted medicals, form 80 and police checks with my application. I should deff wait a week at least. Really its only my employer who needs the process to move before the 6 months, I am happy to take unpaid leave or even work unpaid.. I guess the main thing i worry about is having to leave because my partner is here, we have been together over a year and a half but as he lives 100ks from the nearset town so i moved away to get work, so i'm not sure how we would go with the defacto thingy and he can't move anywhere as he has a farm to run!

Ah well... honestly it really helps just being able to write stuff down and talk to people in the same situation that understand the stress. I am usually so relaxed but this is really really stressful!

Keep us posted!

Yesterday afternoon we received notice from our CO that our RSMS application has been approved! What a relief!

We did a 457 and 857 back to back. The amount of paperwork and cost has been daunting. The CO was strict but fair and always replied to our emails. This was a non-DRC application submitted with the nomination 20 Oct. Made a request to have application expediated due to hardship. Finally granted after second request.

Very unfortunate with last outstanding document, a police clearance certificate. First the South African police clearance was not applicable, then the Queensland police clearance not admissable, then the Australian Federal Police police clearance certificate got "lost" in the post, it was posted again and it turned out it was the wrong code 30 instead of code 33 (AFP admitted it was their mistake) and finally the CO got it yesterday!

Hang in - be patient and persevere. Opinions and emotions aside, strictly facts and proof thereof!

Guest alfredv
Yesterday afternoon we received notice from our CO that our RSMS application has been approved! What a relief!

We did a 457 and 857 back to back. The amount of paperwork and cost has been daunting. The CO was strict but fair and always replied to our emails. This was a non-DRC application submitted with the nomination 20 Oct. Made a request to have application expediated due to hardship. Finally granted after second request.

Very unfortunate with last outstanding document, a police clearance certificate. First the South African police clearance was not applicable, then the Queensland police clearance not admissable, then the Australian Federal Police police clearance certificate got "lost" in the post, it was posted again and it turned out it was the wrong code 30 instead of code 33 (AFP admitted it was their mistake) and finally the CO got it yesterday!

Hang in - be patient and persevere. Opinions and emotions aside, strictly facts and proof thereof!

Hey, congrats! glad your RSMS have been approved!