Been back 7 weeks

Guest MSTO

Hello All,

Sorry I have not been on for so long...and here was me watching out for everyone"s return stories. I always thought when we returned to the Uk I would be on PIO all the time telling eveyone how fantastic the UK is. Untrue cos I have had such a great time I never had chance!!

Well we have been back 7 weeks now..and I am so pleased we made the decision to move back...I feel like a different person...The UK is fantastic...so much do to..yeah you pay but what you get is a good entertainement...dont get me wrong Austraila is aa fantistic country but it doesnt compare ..I will make the most of it cos it really is fantastic..Aus really doesnt have that much to offer apart from beaches and sunshine.

I have spent the last 7 week with my sister her children, aunties and uncles..ok so the sun doesnt shine but who cares you cant cuddle the sun like I do my niece and nephew....We made the decision to move back...and I am so glad we did...The UK is something special and I am so glad to have lived in both Countries and now I appreciate my homeland so much....I will never leave the UK again xx

Guest chris955

Well I'm glad to it is all working out for you, your situation and that of many others just shows how we are all different and we all want different things from life. I don't live for the sunshine or the beach so they aren't important factors to me, for me personally I like deeper things than that and I think the UK provides that.

That isn't to say that those who love the sun and beach are wrong, they are just different.

I must admit I do look forward to these sorts of posts as they reinforce what we know already.

Good luck to you and your family.

Great to hear you have made the right decision and have enjoyed the move back. Not long for me, although my nieces are out here so the call has been very tough indeed, but I have finally accepted Australia isn't doing anything for me and just long for 'home'.

so happy you are enjoying HOME so much, i am so jealous that you have been back 7 weeks, we return on 18th august and cannot wait.

I totally agree that australia is a beautiful country but we feel we belong in the UK because there is so much more to do like you say,and, the kids are missing so much of their old lives.

Guest famousfive

So nice to read such a happy post,good for you.I hope it continues to get better and better for you and that your smile gets broader and broader as you settle in even more.

Guest Arnold

I couldn't agree with you more and your post just confirms what I am longing for :) and can't wait to be back after 4 long years! I am really happy for you and wish you all the very best in the place we call home. Goodluck

I've been back for over 2 years now and still have a warm feeling inside and a spring in my step, a feeling I never had in Aus.

You will have ups and downs and life soon gets back in the normal routine, but thats a good thing what with knowing what you know now.

We've had a great summer and hopfully get a good winter like the last is on it's way.

All the best and hope your happiness continous.

John

Hello All,

Sorry I have not been on for so long...and here was me watching out for everyone"s return stories. I always thought when we returned to the Uk I would be on PIO all the time telling eveyone how fantastic the UK is. Untrue cos I have had such a great time I never had chance!!

Well we have been back 7 weeks now..and I am so pleased we made the decision to move back...I feel like a different person...The UK is fantastic...so much do to..yeah you pay but what you get is a good entertainement...dont get me wrong Austraila is aa fantistic country but it doesnt compare ..I will make the most of it cos it really is fantastic..Aus really doesnt have that much to offer apart from beaches and sunshine.

I have spent the last 7 week with my sister her children, aunties and uncles..ok so the sun doesnt shine but who cares you cant cuddle the sun like I do my niece and nephew....We made the decision to move back...and I am so glad we did...The UK is something special and I am so glad to have lived in both Countries and now I appreciate my homeland so much....I will never leave the UK again xx

Hi MTSO, I was going to post last week to see if anyone had heard how you were doing and here you are. How wonderful that you are having such a good time and enjoying all the wonderful things about home.

Good luck to you and yours xxx

less than 3 weeks to go......:jiggy:

Archived