Car dealers

firebladebally

Guest sh7t man no way

Hi all, does any one know any cheap car sales places in brisbane ??? LIke £1000 cheap...........dont care what the car looks like as long as it drives ok, any info greatly appreciated, cheers
youll be lucky to get anything for a grand--second hand cars in aus are so expensive--but good luck in your search

Guest sh7t man no way

I have looked and i do know they are more than over here. if i am dreeaming i do have more money than that but i would rather spend it on diving or something.......although if needs be il shall bite the bullet and spend more.....bummer !
--you need a car to go diving,so me thinks car comes first to give you the freedon to go diving--buy a decent car,and eventually the diving will follow--how about a loan or HP with the car dealer

Guest sh7t man no way

Dont know whats best mate, we are there a year so i wanted to buy a cheapie and then sell it cheap when we left....what do you think would be best ?
what about hiring a cheap runaround,till you get up,and running,and know what you are looking for--we hired a car sometimes for 26 dollars a day (you can get them cheaper)theres no rego/insurance to pay,and if it busts you get a replacement,all you do is put fuel in them,and of you go--theres heaps of cheap hire car places in,and around brissy who are looking for business,haggle with them for a deal on a monthly basis you may be suprised

Guest stezza79

We arrived a few months ago and go totally ripped off with a car. Cars here "hold their value"....that means they're bloody expensive to you and me. We had the car 3 weeks and it was in the service station for errrm, 3 weeks. We drove it for a day! Then we traded it in and bought another hand one from the Mitsibushi place down at Springwood. Avoid the Annerley mile (or something it's called). There's a fella called Tobins in Stones Corner, wish we'd bought the car from him, he's always got little run arounds for 4k and under. But, you'll be looking at something well old for a grand. There are plenty of rental places in Brisbane...we rented for a month with Avis or Aces (i'll ask the wife). If you need any help, please do give me a shout (i don't confess to knowing too much about cars but i'll certainly give you an honest opinion about life so far!!).

Stephen

Most appeciated stephen, renting is an option, although i like old motors and i am a mechanic so i might just get an oldie.! il be sure to look up that tobings and see what he has in. oz ebay tonight, i may well be in contact as im now only 6 weeks away, cheers very much !

Guest stezza79

Ah well you'll know what to look for then....what i know about cars would fit on the back of a stamp. There are loads of places to look for cars here. It's as if every other yard is a car dealership. There's a website to check out too, Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au. Wifey and I have been here only a few months ourselves but if we can help, please do shout.

We looked into hiring but its just not feasible for a longer period of time. I would defo go with buying if you want long term use. We have put aside about $8-10k for a camper van but we need this to last for the majority of time we are out there. Its defo not cheap to get a reliable 2nd hand car out there thats for sure.

Archived