Guest Gerbil

Guest Ninja13
were do you live? who delivered it?thanks x

Hi PK

Plain white van. Not one of the big companies. Just a subby. I'm Southampton/Portsmouth area.

D

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ninja13
Can you tell us if it details, Leave, hours, shift lengths, double manning & that ever so unimportant detail, Salary. Please

Hi K

Havn't gone through it yet. I'll have a quick browse once i'm ready for work and post then.

Guest simon h

It has a basic contract wage 68399 but there is a pay rise immanent. Nothing ref shifts just a medical form and a letter for the doc doing exam

Guest Ninja13
Can you tell us if it details, Leave, hours, shift lengths, double manning & that ever so unimportant detail, Salary. Please

K

Leave = 5 paid weeks per year

Hours = 40 per week

Shift lengths = Up to 12 double manned. Up to 5 shifts per week.

Salary = 68,399. This is shown as of 2% pay rise 7/2010.

Guest simon h

My mate in Perth said arg have just offered a 3 year deal 6% then 4% 4% but the drivers want more to bring them in line with east coast drivers

Guest Kornish
It has a basic contract wage 68399 but there is a pay rise immanent. Nothing ref shifts just a medical form and a letter for the doc doing exam

Do you know what the pay rise is?:eek:

Guest Guest51968

Hi

Was there any mention on paperwork about "super"

I was told at interview that the company pay your 9% super (Aussie pension) on top of your salary.

Have they mentioned this on the paperwork as I haven't had mine yet :-(

Cheers

Mark

Guest Ninja13
Hi

Was there any mention on paperwork about "super"

I was told at interview that the company pay your 9% super (Aussie pension) on top of your salary.

Have they mentioned this on the paperwork as I haven't had mine yet :-(

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

The Superannuation of 9% is mentioned in the paperwork. :wink: That was one of my main questions at interview.

D

Guest Kornish

G'day.

Can someone explain this super 9% pension simply?

I'm assuming it means that our salary is xxxx & we get yyyy after tax. ARG also pay 9% of xxxx which is in simple terms the same as paying into Brass here?

Does anyone know what sort of pension we would get roughly without the 9%.

And then with the 9%?

The 9% on top our salary seems very good, but I am probably wrong as I don't understand pensions!

Guest simon h
A think its great fur yees but think of it this way if it wisint for MONGOOSEB where would ye bee.****in stuck in a hole crying for ur mama blee blee blee

WHAT? DO YOU COME FROM THE SAME PLANET AS THE REST OF US? WHAT WAS YOUR REASON FOR POSTING SUCH A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT :mad:

Guest Guest51968

Hi Kornish

The "super" is the Aussie pension scheme called Superannuation. It's compulsory over there. Some jobs quote salaries including super some quote it on top. As companies are obliged to pay 9% of your salary into it for you that's why if supers on top of your salary it's like an extra 9% pay as you don't have to pay into your pension like over here it's already done for you

Just google Australia superannuation for some more information.

Mark

Basi

Guest Kornish
WHAT? DO YOU COME FROM THE SAME PLANET AS THE REST OF US? WHAT WAS YOUR REASON FOR POSTING SUCH A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT :mad:

Got to laugh :laugh:saw this quote after my post & thought "I didn't think it was an Alien question! Or ridiculous one, why has Simon reacted like that? :mad:then saw that it related to the previous post.lol.:biglaugh:

Guest Kornish
Hi Kornish

The "super" is the Aussie pension scheme called Superannuation. It's compulsory over there. Some jobs quote salaries including super some quote it on top. As companies are obliged to pay 9% of your salary into it for you that's why if supers on top of your salary it's like an extra 9% pay as you don't have to pay into your pension like over here it's already done for you

Just google Australia superannuation for some more information.

Mark

Basi

Thanks for that Mark, would you know how it compares to the way our pensions work here? Again in simple terms. I'm wondering how it compares to the £18 a week I pay (that is matched by TOC) into Brass? I'm also assuming that the UK pension will be frozen on UK resignation date? Then on retirement from ARG you draw on both pensions?

Do you think they will be roughly the same as if you were to stay here or go with ARG?:err:

Guest beammeupscottie

hubby arrived in perth so will be on his way to geraldton soon, i emailed the senior school in geralton, who are happy to see him and discuss our daughters future plans, seemed nice and friendly. we will get as much info and pass it all on if anybody wants to know..... watch this space. meeting with pal who works for ARG so will see?????????

Guest Guest51968

Hi Kornish

Well with the sums i've done i know I'll be worse off pension wise and in old age...

If I were to freeze my DBS pension today. It would be worth just £1200 a month on collecting at retirement age (Based on latest pension forecast I had) And i would lose any lump sum entitlement due.

All the Aussie Super Calulators I can find online all have different projections, But basically we'd all be starting our pension again at 0.

Yes we know we'll be poorer in old age my wife and I - BUT hopefully our boys will have better job opportunities over here and will look after their old mum & dad !!! :biggrin:

If we were to stay in England I can see us subbing them forever until we pop off !!:embarrassed:

Whos to say i'll make it to pension age?? never know whats around the next corner but if my boys can get a head start in life then i've done my job as a dad and father i reckon

All the best

Mark

Guest beammeupscottie
Putting this up here also on fb group page arg pomms

I have spoken to john from Atlantis over seas shipping. He has agreed to give us a discount if enough go with them they already seem the cheapest so if your interested his number is 01132789191 ask for john and mention arg Geraldton

He is coming to asses our house june 17 th so I'll let you know more then but there about £3700 for a 20 foot container which should fit a 3 bed house

just spoke with john as was unsure if they would come all the way up to sunny scotland and pack my stuff. he was very helpful and said he would forward my quote on to me and give a discount as a few of us are using them:biggrin:, only problem is i prob forgot to mention loads of stuff i want to take. he said a 20 foot container, i will prob need half a dozen!!!:biglaugh:

Guest simon h

Just found out 44 uk drvers going to gerro our Facebook gang is 25 strong so there are some still to find us. If you haven't joined yet search arg pomms

Guest viper
Just found out 44 uk drvers going to gerro our Facebook gang is 25 strong so there are some still to find us. If you haven't joined yet search arg pomms

wow as many as that !!!! must be a lot of work coming up then !!! i thought would only be about half that number to be fair , with all the SA boys as well thats a lot of new drivers in the training system :wacko:

and yeah the facebook group is growing well and is dead handy for info and see how everyones getting along with it all :biggrin:

Guest beammeupscottie
Hi all,

just a quick post to say paperwork arrived today from davinia!!...

great stuff!!!!:biggrin: hubbys came today too!:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest MongooseB

Hi everyone!

Just popping a face in to see how things are going, hope you're all get sorted out and ready for your move.

Keep smiling guys, almost there!

Archived