Star of the Sea Catholic School in Cleveland

B1K3R

Hi there :)

After some research on primary catholic school near Cleveland, we decided that we wish to send our 4 year old princess to the Star of the Sea.

Does anyone sends their children there? Whats your opinion of the school? We will be applying this week (from Europe!) and hope all goes well. We're still waiting for our visas to be stamped in Germany and that's why we haven't applied yet (yes, they need a copy of the visas)

We're a bit worried that there won't be any place left since people enroll them early. Our little one will start end Jan 2011 if all goes well.

Does anyone know if there are still available places left?

I'll write the school an email today, I'm just asking here to see if any of you guys know something :)

Thanks!!!!

B!K3R

Hi there :)

After some research on primary catholic school near Cleveland, we decided that we wish to send our 4 year old princess to the Star of the Sea.

Does anyone sends their children there? Whats your opinion of the school? We will be applying this week (from Europe!) and hope all goes well. We're still waiting for our visas to be stamped in Germany and that's why we haven't applied yet (yes, they need a copy of the visas)

We're a bit worried that there won't be any place left since people enroll them early. Our little one will start end Jan 2011 if all goes well.

Does anyone know if there are still available places left?

I'll write the school an email today, I'm just asking here to see if any of you guys know something :)

Thanks!!!!

B!K3R

I know a couple of people who have sent their children there. One loves it and her children are happy there and one wasn't happy with it and she moved her child. I think that's always going to be the case though - different things suit different people.

It's a new school - only been open a year or so, so it's quite small, but it's modern. I've not heard bad reports about it.

Good luck!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest maidbabes

Hi

the school seems really nice and small.Its at the end of my street .The families seem nice there when I pass.I have heard all good things .I am sure it will be a great school for your princess .The little ones look so lovely in their unifroms.

I would send mine their if they weren't such big teenagers!

Give the school a phone call if no response.

otherwise pm me and I'll call in and ask them questions for you

x

OOO I forgot about this one - I meant to come back to you on it. Apparently it wasn't the school that was bad that my friend pulled her daughter out - I think she wasn't happy with the grounds around the school.....not sure what that means!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi

the school seems really nice and small.Its at the end of my street .The families seem nice there when I pass.I have heard all good things .I am sure it will be a great school for your princess .The little ones look so lovely in their unifroms.

I would send mine their if they weren't such big teenagers!

Give the school a phone call if no response.

otherwise pm me and I'll call in and ask them questions for you

x

Great! :smile: I'm glad to hear that. We got our passports stamped last week, got a letter from our parish and have all the paperwork in hand.

So, we'll contact them on Monday and hopefully they'll have a place for next January!

Really big thanks for offering help, will keep you updated.

I think we will be neighbours :smile: We have been looking at renting in Cleveland and we're thinking of renting something in a complex like these.....what do you think?

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Rent/Townhouse/QLD/Cleveland/?adid=6462629

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Rent/Townhouse/QLD/Cleveland/?adid=6689601

There is a complex in Princess Street too....

Cheers

B!K3R

OOO I forgot about this one - I meant to come back to you on it. Apparently it wasn't the school that was bad that my friend pulled her daughter out - I think she wasn't happy with the grounds around the school.....not sure what that means!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Thats good to hear..thanks! :smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest maidbabes

Congratulations on the visa!

I think you are very wise to rent somewhere central and in your prefered location at not to much cost at first.

Then you can decide if you want to live there and enjoy walking everywhere.

Those town houses look ok.

If i can help please let me know.

There are some nice apartments to rent in Raby Bay as well called the Anchorage or something not sure on their rent prices though.

Good luck with everything x:wubclub:

Little update... We gave the school a phone call and a lady answered the phone. She was really nice and helpful and they still have places for our little one.

So, we'll send all the paperwork this week and it should be all good :biggrin:

Another important thing settled! :wink:

Thanks!

Cheers

B!k3R

Guest maidbabes

Thats great news for you-takes a load of the mind!

Raining here today -28 yesterday and sunny.

Wish the sun and heat would remain -fed up with winter !

:laugh:

Guest Maggie01

Hi, We moved out here 8 weeks ago from Ireland and we live in Victoria Point. We send our little girl to Sain Rita's which is also a catholic school and little smaller than Cleveland and I know they have places. Maybe you should look at them. If I can help let me know Maggie

Guest maidbabes

Hi

My boys went to St Ritas-they loved it.However star of the sea is smaller I think as is new and just phasing in the new year groups, but i may of course be mistaken !

Glad your daughter has settled maggie ,i hope she is happy ther like mine were.

x

Guest Maggie01

Are you enjoying Cleveland and OZ?

I am finding it hard as I am so new. Do you know of any coffee groups. Just joined this so new to this as well. Maggie:smile:

Are you enjoying Cleveland and OZ?

I am finding it hard as I am so new. Do you know of any coffee groups. Just joined this so new to this as well. Maggie:smile:

Maggie!!!! You have HEAPS of friends!!!! LOL You know more people than I do!!!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi, We moved out here 8 weeks ago from Ireland and we live in Victoria Point. We send our little girl to Sain Rita's which is also a catholic school and little smaller than Cleveland and I know they have places. Maybe you should look at them. If I can help let me know Maggie

Thanks Maggie!

Yes, we checked Saint Rita and from what I've heard its good too! We're trying to get our little one in Start of the Sea cause we'll try to rent in Cleveland for starters.

I think it well be easier to commute to city in the beginning since train line starts from there.

We will be looking for friends too when we arrive since we don't know a single soul in Brisbane :smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest Maggie01
Maggie!!!! You have HEAPS of friends!!!! LOL You know more people than I do!!!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

I know who this is!!!!!! Just figured it out. Nice of you to say I have many friends sometimes really lonely. But one day I hope I know as many as you as everyone knows you but probarly because your always smiling.

Archived