State sponsorship and Pregnancy

alex2010

Dear Members,

I would like to ask you if anybody has any experience with getting pregnant after having lodged an application for a PR visa and being sponsored by a state or territory at the same time.

We are also playing the waiting game with DIAC (applied for PR in March 2010 and state sponsored) and also thinking about to have a baby. We don't want to change our family plans only because of DIAC and their controversial priority arrangements policy. I am aware of potential problems with medicals during a pregnancy (esp. x-rays), however, what makes me more scared if there could be any problem with our state sponsorship if my partner gets pregnant before our application is decided.

Would we need to inform our sponsoring government about pregnancy as well and do they have to approve and sponsor a coming baby? I know that we would have to inform DIAC about this but not sure how it works with the sponsoring government?

Thanks for any feedback.

Alex

I have recived SS for WA and i am pregnant now. I am not informing the SS but when baby is born will add to the exsisiting PR application.

Our application has been in for 17 months now, Have had state sponsorship since Sept. I am now four months pregnant. If i had known how long i would have not put my life on hold.

Hi

I am pregnant too. We didn't advise the state when we found out as we applied for SS before we knew I was pregnant We got our SS on 15 July when I was exactly 12 weeks. We did email DIAC though to advise them the other week but never heard back from them. So we will just add our new baby to the visa app once have a passport for them sometime early next year.

I don't think it would have any adverse affect on your visa app at all as long as you include them in the app once the baby arrives.

If you have already got your visa when the baby arrives I think you then have to apply for a child visa but I am not 100% sure on that.

Or, if you are already in Oz then the baby is automatically a oz citizen.

Go for it, don't put your plans on hold as you never know what is around the next corner.

Claire

Guest theweirs

Our baby is due in 7 weeks. I emailed DIAC last week and they replied that when the baby is born you have to fill in a change of circumstance form and send it to DIAC along with two passport photos, copy of data page in passport and copy of birth certificate. The baby will also need a medical.

Jo x

Hi

Or, if you are already in Oz then the baby is automatically a oz citizen.

Claire

Atleast one parent has to be a Permanent Resident or citizen of Austraia for the baby to be an OZ citizen by birth! :cute:

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Atleast one parent has to be a Permanent Resident or citizen of Austraia for the baby to be an OZ citizen by birth! :cute:

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Yes I know, so if you have your visa and you are living in Australia with your partner when your baby is born then you are an Australian permanent resident.

• 4 weeks later...
So, is it that untill my wife give birth we dont need to inform DIAC?

She is on her 6 months pregrancy and we dont see any chance to get visa near soon....

Hi Aituhin,

I got an automatic email notification of our application for 886 visa and this e-mail also says:

CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

If your circumstances have changed since you made your visa application, and as a result an answer to a question on your visa application form or the information you have given to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship about your visa application is no longer correct, you must advise us in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of changes in circumstances include:

- changes to address and/or contact details;

- changes to employment, for example a new job;

- obtaining a new passport;

- new member of the family unit;

- you or a secondary applicant has become pregnant;

- discovery that information previously provided is incorrect.

You can provide this information to the GSM processing office by letter or email, together with any accompanying documents. If you are notifying the department of a change to your email address by sending an email from your new email address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change.

The following forms are useful for notifying the department of changes in circumstances and are available on the department's website at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms:

- form 929 Change of Address;

- form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances;

- form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer(s);

- form 1193 Communication by Email.

As a result, I guess you will need to notify DIAC about the change of your circumstances that somebody in your application has become pregnant.

Alex

Hi Alex

Many Thanks. I understood the changes of circumstances will notify DIAC in time. however i am in doubt about what to do right now. I think i dont need to inform now but i will inform as soon as baby born. What you say?...

Rgds

Tuhin

Guest bcfrug

Inform DIAC immediately that your pregnant.

If you were lucky enough to be granted your Visa before the child is born the new born would not have any visa what so ever and you will need to apply for the child. This can be difficult and can delay things i have heard. So if your planning a baby either have it before the application is granted or have it in Oz but try to plan that you dont have the baby after you get the visa but before your in Oz. I know its difficult but thats the easiest way i have been informed. I could be wrong so its not gospel.

Cheers

Archived