cat 2 timeline and dog

Guest alanmarybella

Guest alanmarybella

hi

if timeline is right we could get our visa early next yr (who nos)

we want to take our dog can i ask is there anything we should be doing now with vets or tests or i dont no any help would be great

thanks

alan

Hi,

There are no 'must do's' this early on but there are a few things you can think about....

1) prepare yourself for costs by getting quotes from pet relocaters.

2) consider not giving your dog it's annual Lepto vaccination. Your dog will need a number of blood tests nearer the time, one of which is to show your dog is lepto free and it's a common one Uk dogs fail (they get in eventually don't worry but it can be a faff). Leptospros is the doggy equivalent of the human Weils diesease (commonly from rats), they are vaccinated for it annually as part of their booster but the vaccine only lasts approx 6months anyway. So, if your dogs vaccines are due between now and your leave date consider asking for your dog not to have the lepto part of his vaccine.

3) be aware that Perth quarantine can get very busy as it only has around 60 kennels i think, it needs booking up to 5months in advance in peak periods. The other quarantine stations aren't too bad.

4) consider buying your IATA air crate now. Dogs can fly in handmade wooden crates or IATA approved plastic ones (eg a vari kennel). The cost of flying is calculated on the volume of the crate so generally the made to measure wooden ones work out cheaper. BUT if you opt for a plastic one you could buy it soon and start to get your dog used to it, as it's safe place, a den maybe instead of it's bed. Feed meals, treat bones etc and make it a nice place that they like going in (door open to start with). I've always done this and it's such a relief to have them settle quickly in it at the airport and not be stressed, I'm sure it makes for a more relaxed flight for them.

hi

we want to take our dog can i ask is there anything we should be doing now with vets or tests or i dont no any help would be great

thanks

alan

You can get your RNATT test (rabies) done now, however it is only valid for one year. Here are the instructions on what needs to be done:

Bringing Cats and Dogs (and other pets) to Australia - DAFF

To limit the amount of time your dog spends in quarantines you have to get started on your tests earlier.

oh one more ;)

5) consider a pet passport this will mean that should plans go wrong your dog could return to the UK and be exempt from the 6mths quarantine (subject to rabies jabs kept up to date). You CAN do this in Aus and get a certificate instead of a passport for re-entry to the UK but it takes about 7months before the dog could make the return flight so I like to err on the side of caution and have it before I leave.

Guest jains005
hi

thanks

alan

please tell me how do you know that you are in cat 2?

Guest alanmarybella

thank you all for your quick replys

jains005 we are going for a 176 visa with SS to WA (not got it yet but WA asked for wifes CV so i no thay are looking at it and her job is top Priority on WA list ) so looking at this link it says we are cat 2

Visa Subclass

Priority Group 1

Priority Group 2

Priority Group 3

Priority Group 4

ENS/RSMS Service Standards

See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person Six months from date of lodgement Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

ENS/RSMS Service Standards

See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person 12 months from date of lodgement Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.i hpo this helps

pm me if you like to no more

alan

Guest dragsterwish
thanks what list did WA release then

WA released the State Priority Occuption List in July 2010 that states which occupation are in their priority occupation list. This list, produced by the same department that is producing the SMP, will be where they draw the occupation list for the SMP. It is not the SMP though. So, although your occupation could be on the TOP priority, it doesn't equal to being on the SMP yet. It does, however, indicates that your occupation is more likely to be in the SMP than those whose occupation is of lower priority or not even on that list.

So, keep the hope high while we await the release of the SMP.

Archived