What's stopping you leaving?

abz123

Depends which part of the Government doesn't it?? I work for a Govt department and was long before I was a citizen,

State governments usually only require permanent residence. AFAIK pretty much everything in the APS has a requirement for citizenship.

Guest famousfive

What's stopping me from leaving?Not a thing really,except the fact we couldn't be bothered going through it all just now.We all know we don't want to live here much longer but don't hate it so are happy to take our time and make this final trip home an easier more relaxed affair.

We are taking over a business when we return so are hanging out here until such time it's available rather than mess about looking for work there for a few months.

Can't wait to get home but once you know it's in the pipeline the time flies.Have a lot to fit in before we leave,places we want to visit etc..so we are staying long enough to tick those boxes rather than look back and feel our adventure here was unfinished.

Even though life in Aus is not for us it is not exactly a hardship to hang out here a wee bit longer.

Guest Locksley
Show me a link where the USA said Oz military will be in the Ghan in 30 years?

It's okay, found it myself.

Former US strategic analyst Daniel Ellsberg has warned that the war is not even half-way through. 'For Australian troops I think that three to five years is not just a conservative estimate, it's totally foolish,' he told Radio National this morning. 'The war will no more be over in three to five years than it is right now. If Australians are committed to supporting this strategy they can figure on 10, 20 and 30 years.'

Ellsberg is a former analyst, not even a current advisor. Anything he says can be ignored.

Archived