Possibly Melbourne area?

Guest janeeb31

Guest janeeb31

Hi all, my hubby has been offered a job transfer to the Melbourne area and I am a Children's Nurse, we are in our 40's, no kids. Hard decision to make, do we come or do we stay?!!!

If you've never been over to visit, Melbourne is a soft place to land for Europeans/ Brits. Have you thought of writing up a list of pros & cons? I've been back and forth for the last 10 years since my mum emigrated 9 years ago - she was 51 then and has never looked back (she's also a nurse)

I love it here and can't recommend Melbourne highly enough, I've done a bit of travelling elsewhere and of course people have different perpespectives. What do you have to lose? Best of Luck with your decision - if you do decide to migrate I have always found this site very supportive & informative.

Rexi

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, my hubby has been offered a job transfer to the Melbourne area and I am a Children's Nurse, we are in our 40's, no kids. Hard decision to make, do we come or do we stay?!!!

If you're going to emigrate anywhere, Melbourne may as well be it, it's a very easy place to emigrate to and to like.

BB

It all depends on whether you want to take the opportunity to live in another country for a while, or whether you don't like change and want to stay where you are and play it safe. Only you can make that decision, and whatever decision you make for yourself will be valid for you. However, if you decide to come to Melbourne. it is not the worst place to live in the world, quite the opposite (in my opinion, but I am a local, born here, and I could be biased somewhat !). You have no kids, so why not - it is sometimes difficult to uproot kids and take them away from their friends, and that has a bearing on a lot of decisions. I guess the question is : what have you got to lose by living in another country for a while? If you have a house, maybe rent it out and try something different? When you've had enough, just go home. I would say to you "do your homework", then make the decision based on that. For me (and for me only) the world is a big place, but I want to see lots of it before I depart this earth, and Australia is a great platform to see some of the word's great places - especially Asia, and with the airfares now it is cheap. However, Australia also is a big and interesting place with a fascinating culture and history. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi there

we have just moved over here WITH KIDS BIGGER DECISION XXX

so why not x you only live one

weigh up your pros and cons

if you need any info pm me

love carole

Hi,

We moved here three months ago with two teenage boys and have to say was a very very difficult decision.

Spent the first few weeks thinking "what have we done! BUT are now starting to feel glad we made the decision. We have met some great people locally (point cook) and they have helped us feel at home.

Good luck with your decision. I guess, you regret the things you have never done, not the things you do.!!!

Elaine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kags G

Hi, my husband was offered a job in Melbourne back in June. Since then we have been to Melbourne for a weeks visit, accepted the job, put the house on the market, applied and been granted visas and booked the flights. Not a lot of time to think really!! Maybe we jumped in with both feet but we know if it doesn't work then it will only take one day to get back to blightly. My husband leaves on 30th September and I will follow him on 2nd November. We are both 43 years old and agreed its now or never. Good luck with your decision making.

Guest rachie31

Its funny!!When I read ur post I thought GO 4 IT!! I then realised you are in the same position as me and my husband and I am also thinkingshall we or shant we I feel constantly sick but its a good career and lifestyle move and maybe we both just need to do it!!!! Let me know what u decide xx Rachie:wink:

Hey both of you.

We were in the same position and we had two teenage boys. Scary times... we have now been here three months (just over) and things have been up and down.

The one thing though above all, is that we are having new experiences, and life is quite exciting.

You never know unless you give it a go. and the one thing is YOU CAN GO BACK if it doesnt work out...

Good luck with your choices.

ex

later in life you will regret what you didn't do, not what you did do... take the leap and do it! we did a few months ago and its been brilliant so far!

Archived