sponsoring a spouse visa

k8bug79

HI, my huaband is a citizen by descent and we are hoping to move with me getting a permanant spouse visa, as we are married and have dependant children. I am about to apply for a job, if I was lucky enough to get it everything could happen much sooner than we expected. Money would be tight etc. My husband said "well you go on a head and I'll stay here with the kids" apart from the fact that I wouldn't want to am I right in thinking that they would not allow this? Do spouses visas need to be validated whilst my husband is with me or in the country first as most visas require? I searched the overview of the visa but all it says is the sponsor must be a citien or a permanant resident. It doesn't say that he must be resident on Aus at the time.

Hi, you are the visa applicant and your husband does not need to be present whilst you activate your visa. My partner is Australian and I will be activating my visa alone in October (fly in Saturday, spend a few days with the m-in-law fly back out) whilst she stays home with our son.. We don't actually plan to move as a family until next year. There is nothing to stop you from activating your visa and starting work, until your family are ready to join you.

Hi Thanks,

Can I just ask does your son not need to go over and validate his part of the visa or his he already a citizen?

So if I went on my own ahead would my children nee dto come with me first so their part of the visa was activated???

My son has citizenship through his mother/my partner (she is oz by birth) - so is on his own Australian passport. If your kids are on your visa, I think you need to activate first and they can come later (providing before the activation date) - but I'm really not sure.

When mine was granted it said that I could not enter Australia before my husband. By way of background: I am British and my husband is Australian; we had both travelled to New Zealand to lodge the application and were coming back home together. From what I can tell this isn't a standard requirement and assumed that it is either up to individual COs or down to where you apply and differing sets of rules.

Either way, your CO will be able to tell you what you can do. Best of luck with the job!:hug:

When mine was granted it said that I could not enter Australia before my husband. By way of background: I am British and my husband is Australian; we had both travelled to New Zealand to lodge the application and were coming back home together. From what I can tell this isn't a standard requirement and assumed that it is either up to individual COs or down to where you apply and differing sets of rules.

Either way, your CO will be able to tell you what you can do. Best of luck with the job!:hug:

Thanks. So I guess it comes down to individual circumstances. I guess the only way to see is if I get the job (lots of good vibes this way please) and how we go about getting there when we cross that bridge.

Thanks for your responses

Archived