New UK driving licience

Troy&Kim

Hi,

Just a question I would like to put to you guys. My daughter starts her driving lessons in the next few days, and we will be moving to Queensland next year.

I would like to know if my daughter has passed her test in the UK, will it be valid in Queenland/Australia if she is a newly qualified driver in the UK?

kind regards

Troy

Guest Shreen

I hope so as I have my test in a few weeks! I would have thought it is but I think there are some restrictions, like wearing P plates for a certain amount of time after she has passed, it depends on the state.

Hi,

Just a question I would like to put to you guys. My daughter starts her driving lessons in the next few days, and we will be moving to Queensland next year.

I would like to know if my daughter has passed her test in the UK, will it be valid in Queenland/Australia if she is a newly qualified driver in the UK?

kind regards

Troy

Yes it will, while I speak for NSW specifically, but if your licence is less than a year old you will get a licence (equivalent to having passed your Australian test) but it will be a provisional and you will go through the furthur testing as the years, yes years! go by until you have a full unlimited licence.

It is well worth getting your licence before you go to Australia, I assume QLD will be similar.

Read the link below.

Driving in Queensland with a foreign licence

Reading this it looks like Qld is similar.

On a related note, even though they make you jump through hoops to get an Australian licence, even worse for the Australians, the standard of driving is still s**t.

Overseas licence holders

As long as you are from the list of prescribed countries then she'll just need to take an eyesight test.

I have my test on thursday and am hoping to pass so when we go at the end of the year it's just a matter of applying for a QLD one and taking the eyesight test.

Best of luck to her.

Guest Shreen
Overseas licence holders

As long as you are from the list of prescribed countries then she'll just need to take an eyesight test.

I have my test on thursday and am hoping to pass so when we go at the end of the year it's just a matter of applying for a QLD one and taking the eyesight test.

Best of luck to her.

Good luck with your test! I have mine on July 13th eek!

Guest Shreen
Yay! I passed!!!!!!!!!! I actually really enjoyed the test and can't wait to drive in Oz!

CONGRATS! That is brilliant news! Great thast you enjoyed it, that has given me hope ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest33730

Good news for those going to South Australia - my 17 yr old came out here with his full UK license and got a Provisional '2' license which means he can drive without P plates but with some restrictions (like not speeding or having ANY alcohol in his blood when driving). As long as he behaves the license is then automatically converted to a full license when he reaches 19 without any further test!!

Daniel

Archived