Advice on Cairns to Melbourne drive

firebladebally

Hi all, just after a bit of advice in anyone can help........ Im flying into cairns in september, then touring down the coast to get to melbourne . What do people think is a decent time frame for this? bearing in mind that i dont want to be in the car all hours and miss out the attractions on the way, I was thinking around 2 weeks should be steady away........ any advice appreciated, Cheers :goofy:

Guest guest17520

Hi I travelled from Cairns to Sydney by bus and stopped at the following places:

Cairns

Townsville

Magnetic Island

Airlie Beach - Whitsundays

Hervey Bay - Fraser Island

Brisbane

Surfers Paradise

Byron Bay

Sydney

This took me about 3 weeks which I considered to be quick as I only stopped for a night or two in most places (excluding Cairns (7 weeks) and Sydney (9 months)).

It all depends on what you want to do, how much you want to see and your time constraints, I could have cut down on 6 days if I didn't go to see the Whitsundays and Fraser Island.

Guest guest17520

Bear in mind that Google maps calculates the travelling time following the coast between Cairns and Melbourne to be about 48 hours, assuming you drive for say six hours a day, the driving alone would take you 8 days of 6 hours of driving.

Hi all, just after a bit of advice in anyone can help........ Im flying into cairns in september, then touring down the coast to get to melbourne . What do people think is a decent time frame for this? bearing in mind that i dont want to be in the car all hours and miss out the attractions on the way, I was thinking around 2 weeks should be steady away........ any advice appreciated, Cheers :goofy:

G'day mate, take 3 weeks to drive from Cairns to Brissie...then fly to Sydney as there is not very much further south...:laugh:

scared0016-1.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived