Quarantine Costs for SBT in Sydney

Guest shie6523

Guest shie6523

Hi everybody,

I just want to confirm that I've done my maths correctly here.

According to Eastern Creek quarantine station, the total I would have to pay to release my Staffordshire Bull Terrier from quarantine is $1,330 (£780ish). This consists of his upkeep for 30 days, quarantine entry, vet inspection, document clearance and screening fees - is this right?

How much did you guys pay to release you dog from this station?

It's costing me approximately £2,100 to get him picked up from Middlesbrough - this includes freight charges, airline docs, sealing, permit, DEFRA certificate etc etc.

I'm really surprised at just how expensive this process it!

Also, can anybody recommend some good dog friendly areas to live in Sydney. My employer is based in Millers Point so Ideally I'd like to be somewhere close to there.

Thanks for your help!

Darren.

Guest liza & si

Hi there

We brought our staffie out with us, but I'm going back to 2007. I'm very surprised as its gone up a lot......we paid $640.85 to get him out of quarantine.

The flight I can't really say, as we brought our cat out with us as well.....the total cost of them was 2881.00 (pounds)

Hopefully someone will have a more up to date price for you, but have got to say it was worth it!!!

Hi there:D

Weve just payed that ammount to release or chiwawa from quarranteen in Sydney. Think they should be eating steak for those prices, LOL. He's one expensive chiwawa but so glad he's here with us now.

we had my OH sis take him to heathrow. But the price was about £1,600 and that icluded his flight from Sydney to Brisbane and then dropped at our door. And his flight was delayed too:( And he is a chiwawa, granted not a small chiwawa but there ya go. So yeah is expensive.

Ah so your from the Boro. we are from Yarm:D

cheers brig

Hi Briggy,

Who did you use? I'm trying to find one who will manage the whole process - including the onward journey to Brisbane.

Thanks,

Nicky

Hiya Nicky:D

It was PetAir that we used, they were really good. They do a gold and a silver service.

Yeah and they sort the onward journey for ya too.

Hope this helps:D

Cheers Briggy x

Guest jibbitson

Hi My name is Jane

I came here 32 years ago now from Yorkshire. your maths are about right it is not cheap send your pet to or from the UK as you are one of the few countries that don't have Rabies so the UK and Australia are very strict on Quarantine but worth it if you love your pet

best wishes

Jane.

Hi Darren

I can help you in regard to the quarantine costs.

I brought my two Staffords with me almost a year ago (July 2009).

The cost then was $773.40 for one and $652.40 for the other.

Reason for different costs was because both of them were in the same pen to begin with at Eastern Creek, but I then asked for them to be separated (simply because I was concered about any possible scraps over food, etc particularly as they were in new and unusual surroundings).

The cost per day was $17.55 plus (whilst sharing) an extra $12.00 for the 2nd dog.

The total costs I've put above included the veterinary exam upon arrival, quarantine entry, airline handling charge that was paid by AQIS on owners behalf, Frontline treatment and conveyance of cats/dogs.

I then organised they're transfer from Sydney to Brisbane with Dogtainers.

I used Jet4Pets for the UK - Australia leg of the journey.

Archived