We have made a definate decision to return to the UK... what do we need to do now?

Stovies

After 12 years living in Oz, we are, without question, returning to the UK (Scotland). It is a case, for us, of sprucing up our house and property and getting it on the market asap. Once we have sold, we will be off home. My question is, to all that have or are in the process of returning to the UK.. what else do we have to do? We currently have Australian Passports so will have to get UK ones. What else? Will we just do all the necessary paperwork for NI, tax, etc when we get over there? Do we just 'rock up' or do we let the authorities know we are coming back to live? Initial accommodation is all sorted out so that won't be an issue. Jobs will be sought once we are over there. Sorry if these questions are silly but if anyone knows the procedure, we would be grateful for some info and advice.

Ta!

Dont know the answers to your questions - I would have thought that you just rock up and you should already have all your numbers for NI NHS etc and it will be just as if you moved down the road to somewhere new. If you exchanged your drivers licence for an Aus one you will have to exchange it back but that is a simple enough process

Good luck with the next step in your adventure, I hope it all goes brilliantly for you.

Guest lifeinmono
After 12 years living in Oz, we are, without question, returning to the UK (Scotland). It is a case, for us, of sprucing up our house and property and getting it on the market asap. Once we have sold, we will be off home. My question is, to all that have or are in the process of returning to the UK.. what else do we have to do? We currently have Australian Passports so will have to get UK ones. What else? Will we just do all the necessary paperwork for NI, tax, etc when we get over there? Do we just 'rock up' or do we let the authorities know we are coming back to live? Initial accommodation is all sorted out so that won't be an issue. Jobs will be sought once we are over there. Sorry if these questions are silly but if anyone knows the procedure, we would be grateful for some info and advice.

Ta!

Oh, you can't go back to the UK. It's total ****. Haven't you heard?! Australia is much better in every conceivable way. Everybody knows that. :biglaugh:

Guest valleylass

Stovies

Well done on making your decision, going or staying it's tough one. Very best of luck to you and yours

valleylass

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi stovies

and best of luck with your move, you should be lucky in the fact the exchange rate is really low at the present and hopefully you will make a good healthy profit because it is one of the best times ever to change Australian dollars into English pounds.

All the best jim

Archived