457 training requirments ????

Hi, I have the possibility of being sponsored on the 457 visa however my prospective employer has just e-mailed to say he is not sure about the training requirements as all training is done in house and apparently this doesn't satisfy the visa requirements ... anyone out there have any suggestions ???

Guest stillwaiting79

had the same issue. i applied sometime in January and was told on Feb 08 that CO wanting more details on training.

Employer replied stating that all training is comprehensive & in-house.

Wasnt sufficient. CO advised that application mostly likely to be declined and guess what...we're still waiting for the to be declined.

I think you'd have to list details as if it's to be done outside. I posted a similiar question around Feb 08

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78521-457-about-declined-can-anything-done.html

let me know what you find out if its anything more than this? I am having the Employer try again.

Cheers & good luck!

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi there

Both of you should ask your employer to get assistance from a migration agent experienced with the 457, there IS a way forward.

Guest JRPerth

on the job training may suffice for SBS 457 training requirments. This is what an extract of the relevant instrument states:

· on-the-job training that is structured with a timeframe and clearly identified increase in the skills at each stage, and demonstrating:

§ the learning outcomes of the employee at each stage,

§ how the progress of the employee will be monitored and assessed;

§ how the program will provide additional and enhanced skills;

§ the use of qualified trainers to develop the program and set assessments; and

§ the number of people participating and their skill/occupation

Guest Jamie Smith
on the job training may suffice for SBS 457 training requirments. This is what an extract of the relevant instrument states:

· on-the-job training that is structured with a timeframe and clearly identified increase in the skills at each stage, and demonstrating:

§ the learning outcomes of the employee at each stage,

§ how the progress of the employee will be monitored and assessed;

§ how the program will provide additional and enhanced skills;

§ the use of qualified trainers to develop the program and set assessments; and

§ the number of people participating and their skill/occupation

And there are ways other than the above too.

Hi, I have the possibility of being sponsored on the 457 visa however my prospective employer has just e-mailed to say he is not sure about the training requirements as all training is done in house and apparently this doesn't satisfy the visa requirements ... anyone out there have any suggestions ???

Training is the area that I see most problems when companies do the sponsorship themselves. In the past the training requirement was quite straight forward and easy to meet.

With the overhaul of the 457 program, specific training benchmarks were introduced which must be met for a company to gain sponsorship approval and the Department is strictly enforcing these new benchmarks.

These benchmarks can be a bit tricky as there is a Legislative Instrument and specific Policy detailing the requirements.

In house training can be used to meet the training benchmarks, however there are very specific requirements.

Archived